Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • "Manly" things you'd never done.'Til recently.
  • almightydutch
    Free Member

Used a 16mm drill bit in anger!

In fact used it a few times this weekend, once for the outside tap and then put down the 2nd ground anchour in the garage. Never enough security!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Owed a vice

And I now have two !!

Moved into a new house… the previous old boy had popped his cloggs and family left me his work bench with both a proper work top vice and a neat little under the work top number too….

Without doubt the best things about the new house and will help me in changing every single visible (and probably many non visible) surfaces.

Loads of work to do … so my manly count is defo on the rise… Alarm fitting this weekend, that had me up a ladder higher than was comfortable and this week sees me pulling a couple of shed down (done that before) but fence panels will need replacing that’s a new one for me as is the building of a new shed (if only a simple shop bought panel one)

Oh and I taught my little 6 year old girl how to dive to the bottom of the deep end at the local pool

johndoh
    Free Member

I recently received a Freecycled bench vice. Thought it would eventually come in useful but I have used it loads already – don’t know how I coped without it.

joshvegas
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash – Member
    well, all of this testosterone will be making the ladies of STW swoon.
    Reading your claims, I must confess to being a complete girls blouse. Only MrsMC has gone through a ceiling. Our Christmas present to each other last year was getting it fixed.
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

On her way to hitting the roof? One bike to many?

Rscott
    Free Member

Became a God father for my partners nephew, As his only male role model i then taught him to ride his bike and how to fix a puncture.

All pretty simple but he only speaks hungarian and I only speak (poor) english.

bikebouy
    Free Member

At Uni I took a 3 year course in Ballroom Dancing, not as part of my degree, but just because I like dressing up 😉

tthew

Used a 16mm drill bit in anger!

Following some good advice on here! Nice to know you got it sorted.

MoreCashThanDash

Joshvegas – either we have met or my latest claim to manliness will be that I have an internet stalker?

natrix
    Free Member

On Sunday I held a rocket propelled grenade launcher (RPG) for the first time. I waved it in the air, just like they do on the tele, but to be honest it didn’t feel that manly. I’m obviously not cut out for religious Jihad………….

beaker

I recently shot a LAW 66 rocket launcher. I missed unfortunately.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Played with a 1200 tonne crane.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Actually, it’s not a new thing.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Removed a set of external double doors and frame and replaced them with new ones. Took most of a day and it was a nervous time as I’d done the measurements.

Northwind

Fitted a turbocharger. Though I lose points for boringly fitting one the same as the old one, rather than one twice as big.

busydog
    Free Member

Just completed walking along a 140 foot, 6 feet high block wall fence while trimming pyracantha bushes with a gas hedge trimmer—during which time mrs busydog was busily going through our files checking to make sure my life insurance policy was paid up.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Knittin’

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘"Manly" things you'd never done.'Til recently.’ is closed to new replies.