Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Manitou Minute
  • ratherbeintobago

Anyone any experience of the above? Trying to decide what forks (100mm/29er) for the new build, and looking for alternatives to the RS Rebas I’ll probably end up with.

ssboggy

I’ve got 100mm Minutes on my 29er hardtail and also the newer Towers in 80mm flavour on the single speed and am impressed with both sets, I had some 100mm Reba’s before and the Manitou’s are much better forks.
    CRC have had them for silly cheap recently too

belugabob
    Free Member

A friend of mine has the Minutes on his 29er, which prompted me to get some when I built mine.
    They had changed to the Towers by then (but it was only really a name change to distinguish 26 & 29 versions)
    Another friend put some on his 29er shortly after I did – none of us have had any issues and I’d buy another pair in the blink of an eye (especially at the silly CRC prices)

ratherbeintobago

@ssboggy – is there any noticeable difference in stiffness?

Shackleton

I get on well with mine (100mm Tower Pro), I much prefer them to Rebas for their small bump sensitivity. Once in their stroke there isn’t much difference as far as I can tell. The tower expert by all accounts isn’t as good.

Critical to getting them working properly is getting the correct helper spring for your weight (can’t remember what it is actually called). Without that you won’t be able to get them set up correctly.

ssboggy

@ssboggy – is there any noticeable difference in stiffness?

Not that i could tell, Rebas were tapered with 20mm maxel and both Manitous are straight steerer one with 15mm qr and one with 9mm qr.
    The manitous seem a lot plusher, that could be due to the coil spring with air assist

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Manitou Minute’ is closed to new replies.