Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Man shot by police in London this week.
  • thegreatape
    Free Member
    somouk
    Free Member

I’d imagine he was re-holstering the pistol and hadn’t put the safety on. Muppet.

jambourgie
    Free Member

He was probably just showing off to a prisoner. Doing that spinnyroundy gun-slinger thing. And shot himself in his own head.

duntstick
    Free Member

Sh!t happens……..

loddrik
    Free Member

Just as well he wasn’t black or it’d be ‘policeman shots black man but is schizophrenic and blames other self…’

yossarian
    Free Member

The IPCC have rushed out a statement that completely absolves every policeman in the UK of any blame whatsoever.

They have also confirmed they will retract this statement when any new evidence comes to light that makes them look like they are covering stuff up.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I imagine he was masturbating while rubbing it against his erection.

rene59
    Free Member

Well if you carry a gun in the UK you do risk getting shot by the police.

brakes
    Free Member

was he cocking his weapon and it just went off in his hand?

thegreatape
    Free Member

If he was, he can take some comfort knowing that he isn’t firing blanks.

alanl
    Free Member

Yet another ‘highly trained Officer’ who accidentally fires a gun.
    You couldnt make it up, it’s like something off the Police Academy films.

Why did he have the gun cocked? Why wasnt the safety catch on, and why ever was it ready to be fired when he wasnt even on active duty?

This is another of the list of Policemen shooting themselves or others accidentally. The best must be the Thames Valley Firearms Instructor showing various guns off in a training session, then shooting one of the audience. It wasnt a firing range, it was a classroom type room, so there should never have been ammunition in the gun.

I suppose this one will be quietly forgotten, again.

kimbers

Im surprised the police didnt release an initial statement saying that the policeman was shot by a terrorist and/or black person

before eventually changing their story once it had circulated in the press for a while

cynic-al
    Free Member

Isn’t there some good youtube of this sort of thing?

mu3266
    Free Member

Alanl

Why did he have the gun cocked? Not all hand guns need to be cocked to fire, the trigger just requires more pressure

Why wasnt the safety catch on Again, not all hand guns have safety catches

why ever was it ready to be fired when he wasnt even on active duty? Same answer as the first. Rounds in the magazine, not necessarily cocked.

Not being a pain, just trying to educate.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Was it a Glock?

jonahtonto
    Free Member

standard ‘desk pop’ init

konabunny
    Free Member

You people make me sick. Do you think that any police officer gets up in the morning wanting to shoot anyone? He will have to live with this for the rest of his life. This will be weighing on his mind forever.

alanl
    Free Member

Mmm, I’d expect it to be a magazine loaded semi auto pistol.
    That means cocking to get a bullet in the barrel, and all I have ever seen have a safety catch.

If a revolver, it would have a safety, and need a lot more pressure to pull the trigger if not cocked.
    Either way, the man is a buffoon, and should be thrown out of the Police for being so stupid.

ninfan
    Free Member

Familiarity breeds contempt?

hundreds of thousands of loads/unloads annually – sooner or later… just takes a distraction for mag out then cycle action to become cycle action then mag out!

Happens to the best unfortunately

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgV5LY7oBpU[/video]

alanl
    Free Member

Of course it will be on his mind. It was his own fault for shooting himself. (ok, there may be a slight chance of the gun malfunctioning, but it is a very very small chance).

bloodynora
    Free Member

Is disappointed the attention seekers haven’t called them the ‘polis’ 😥

somouk
    Free Member

Mmm, I’d expect it to be a magazine loaded semi auto pistol.
    That means cocking to get a bullet in the barrel, and all I have ever seen have a safety catch.

It would have been a semi auto (normally glock 17 or 26) and i agree would need cocking to be in a loaded and ready state. Something which in military terms and one would assume police terms should only be adopted when you need to fire.

The glock doesn’t have a conventional safety catch as such unless it is a model with the ILS device. The glocks triple safety system operates on the trigger pull to ensure it will only go off with someone squeezing the trigger.

Northwind

I heard he was wearing a large jacket and therefore he had no choice but to shoot himself.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I heard he was Brazilian.

trambler

I’d like all the people who never make mistakes to raise their hands. Thought so, no one.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me..

Sooo me.

😆

Northwind

trambler – Member

I’d like all the people who never make mistakes to raise their hands.

I’ve had my hands up since the start of this thread, just in case

mildred

i agree would need cocking to be in a loaded and ready state. Something which in military terms and one would assume police terms should only be adopted when you need to fire.

If you make ready when you need to fire I would suggest that’s a bit late, and will probably be the last thing you do.

To be fair, how do you know the Evening Standard have it right? I know of at least one incident of an officer taking his own life with his operational firearm on Police premises. I sincerely hope this wasn’t the case but before you all stick your boots in shall we try and separate fact from fiction? No, didn’t think so.

trambler

You never know …………….if you’re a fence sitting mud slinger as opposed to gun slinger, it’s probably not a bad course of action.

yossarian
    Free Member

Will there be riots by disaffected officers demanding justice?

hora
    Free Member

Obligatory Joking aside hope hes alright

thegreatape
    Free Member

Mildred – Riverside?

This chap shot himself in the leg and is fine, I checked that before I posted the link.

MSP

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxWWJaTEdD0[/video]

konabunny
    Free Member

There has been a rally of police officers in support of the shooter. The Police Federation has estimated its size at around 3,456,444 people.

mildred

Mildred – Riverside?

Yes, it was a long night that one. A real tragedy.

hora
    Free Member

Or the Manchester accidental shooting of another officer 🙁

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Revolvers don’t have safety catches. I don’t know which kind of self loading pistol this force uses but many modern ones don’t have safety catches either. They can be safely carried with a round in the chamber and the hammer forward.

A very good friend of mine is a Police firearms officer. We discussed how they operate. Their weapons are always carried “made ready”, in other words they have a round in the chamber. They make safe before they put the weapon back into the locker. This is where the greatest chance of an ND comes from as you have to pull the trigger as part of the unloading drill.

Drac

I don’t know which kind of self loading pistol this force uses but many modern ones don’t have safety catches either

Not revolvers.

This is where the greatest chance of an ND comes from as you have to pull the trigger as part of the unloading drill.

Are you sure?

gears_suck
    Free Member

He might not be sure, but I am.
    To unload the weapon, you remove the magazine and pull back the action to eject the round from the chamber, this leaves the hammer in a cocked and ready to fire position. That is when pulling the trigger will release the hammer and hopefully, if you’ve removed all the bullets in the first part, not fire.
    Some weapons have concealed hammers so you cannot release it slowly with a thumb. However, you’d still need to pull the trigger to release it in either scenario.

Drac

Isn’t it with a Glock you keep pulling the chamber until the rounds clear. If you’ve drop the mag then their should only be one at most, no need to pull the trigger at all.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Man shot by police in London this week.’ is closed to new replies.