Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Make it stop…
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Rode some very over grown singletrack yesterday. Legs looked awful yesterday with scratches and nettle stings and are still stinging/itching nearly 24hours later. I need something to stop the itching before it drives me mad. What’s the best tried and tested method for nettle stings and bramble cuts?

woodsman
    Free Member

Witchazel

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Dock Leaf for nettle stings, and Aloe Vera or Germolene for small cuts.

damion
    Free Member

Best tested method here is shin pads 😉

Other than that Aloe vera gel seems to work for everything.

Sam

Oatmeal milk works pretty well for a very cheap solution. Otherwise any manner of anti-sting stuff from a chemist (stingose etc) I’m sure work fine as well.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Get a tube of WTFU cream. Works wonders. :p

DickBarton

Cold water compress – soak some paper towels and then dab your legs…the cold seems to help relieve the itching without actually itching…not a long lasting fix though…

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

tried aloe vera yesterday, helped a bit – took some of the welts down anyway. will try to get some witchhazel from the chemist at lunch for rest.

*scratches legs like mad – still debating whether the singletrack was worth the pain!!

woodsman
    Free Member

Get the gel if you can d/girl. Smells nice in a wierd kinda way too..

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

They’re just stings – not very bad ones at that.

MTFU is not appropriate in this case. Its GTFU. 8)

HTH.
    😆

Stoner
    Free Member

MTFU cream wont work.

Try WTFU DermaTat, it has added Proretinolplumpingcollagenical Peach extract and 75% of women became noticeably less Jey after just 10 days use (Survey size of 12 women)

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LOL @ Stoner…

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

i actually quite enjoy the feeling of nettle stings. Makes one feel ALIVE!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

scienceofficer, how do you know they aren’t that bad – have you been looking at my legs this morning?! 😀

don’t think its the stings that are bad, its the cuts, which look fetching in my skirt today!

dawson

sorry, it has to be done…

this thread is useless without pics… 😉 !

schrickvr6
    Free Member

“don’t think its the stings that are bad, its the cuts, which look fetching in my skirt today!”

Yep I think the STW collective should be the judge of that… 😛

mrsflash
    Free Member

Lol @ stoner.

I find spitting on your finger and then rubbing that into the sting is a good temporary fix. not much you can do about the scratches other than wear them with pride though 😀

haddock
    Free Member

Dab them with vinegar.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I think Charlie the bikemonger has some tips on nettle stings.

crazy-legs

Anthisan. Bite/sting cream, available from Boots etc.

stumpy01

Anthisan for bites/stings plus an antihistamine can help.

If the main problem is the scratches/cuts get some germolene on them – same kinda stuff as Savlon, but has a local anaesthetic in it too. If you use it regular (few times a day) it helps them heal quicker too, as I found a couple of weeks ago on a large gouge I took out of my arm.

glenp
    Free Member

Just hurt yourself properly – you’ll completely forget about the minor scratches. How about separating your shoulder – that stings a bit. Or take a chip out of your shin with an spd.

chvck
    Free Member

I’ll tell you what doesn’t work…ammonium based fertilizer, damn that stuff makes bramble cuts sting!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Make it stop…’ is closed to new replies.