Home Forums Chat Forum Majorca – Road cycling advice.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Majorca – Road cycling advice.
    anagallis_arvensis

Do the hire shops swap the brakes to uk spec?

Yep, I have used procyclehire hire in port pollensa 3 times, all good. You add your basic dimensions of your bike to the website, ask for which brake set up and can specify different pedals too, arrive get bikes quick set up and adjust if needed and off you go. I took my saddle though after the first year! I just hired a cheap carbon framed Masi with rim brakes and have  found it a perfectly good bike.

TiRed

Takes some lights if you want to see the sunrise. It’s dark on the way to the lighthouse. But worth it. Photo of the week

IMG_3350

hammy7272
    Free Member

Some great information thank you. Get the point about the heat in June but work and family commitments force this month. Plenty of cafe stops I suppose!

redmex
    Free Member

Put your filled bottle in the freezer overnight,

I’ve hired from 2gocycling and never had any problems but there seems to be a good few giving bad reports, when you read some of the claims there seems to be a few awkward customers

September would be my favourite month to go, still cracking days of sunshine but not unbearable heat and the sea is so good

dyls

Majorca is a great place for Road cycling, we have booked a last minute week there  at the end of this month. We are going to Alcudia – have been there before (it’s close to Pollenca) – plenty of places to hire bikes and some great routes up into the mountains, or to Sa Colabra or to the lighthouse.

tthew

That’s a great photo! Riding through that tunnel before they lit it, with no lights was bloody scary.

winston
    Free Member

Not as scary as those steps which a young couple were attempting when i rode through last time.

hammy7272
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend any transport companies to take us plus our bikes from the airport please?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.