Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Mail order coffee (ground) recommendations?
  • Alex

For std Gaggia. Really cannot be bothered to grind beans fresh, so I tend to buy vac-bags and hide them in cool places. Only make espressos and lattes. I do like bitter, strong coffee that’s got a proper 6am kick to it.

Tried a couple of places but always been a bit disappointed especially as the grind seems too big for my machine. So looking for a change, what’s recommended?

simonbowns
    Free Member

Has Bean is the standard answer here – I’ve had no reason to disagree!

prettygreenparrot

Really cannot be bothered to grind beans fresh, so I tend to buy vac-bags and hide them in cool places

Just give up now and buy instant?

IF you want real coffee, roasted by an expert and shipped FRESH then Steve has the answer HasBean

Militant_biker

Had some tasty stuff from Brian Wogan in Bristol. I’ve only had beans from the shop, but they do mail order ground coffee for ~£11 per kg, plus p+p

http://www.wogancoffee.co.uk/product/espresso

Alex

Oh stop it 😉 At 6am, I can just about stumble my way around turning the machine on and working out where the coffee is. I did have a krupps grinder but it was rubbish. My coffee-mad mate tells me I need some Japanese hand grinder (careful googling that) which looks like hard work and a half.

Ordered the has-been starter pack. All sounds a bit wine-tasting pretentious on the web site, but I’ll trust STW to deliver! And in that vein ordered some from Mr Wogan as well.

saladdodger
    Free Member

I agree with the recommendation of Brian Wogan the smell that lingers in the area when they are roasting is superb, for me the Monsoon Malibar is superb

But MB do not drop in there because I found the temptation of a new espresso machine too much to bear ( well they are shiny) if the wife ever finds out how much I spent she will go epileptic

saladdodger
    Free Member

Alex a good grinder is worth every penny the you know the grind is right

Militant_biker

But MB do not drop in there

I have a Bristol contact who does the dirty work for me (thanks IA!)

if the wife ever finds out how much I spent she will go epileptic

Let’s hope she doesn’t read STW! 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

Al: Pop down the road

Home page

maccruiskeen

All sounds a bit wine-tasting pretentious on the web site,

Although they sound very flowery and fanciful – the good thing about the descriptions is they are consistent. So when you get the starter packs or subscriptions if theres a coffee you really like then you can gauge very well from the notes which of the others they sell will also appeal to you.

Alex

Ta Mark. I didn’t realise you could buy direct. Excellent. Shall add to coffee stash tomorrow then.

You’re not convincing me on the grinder. That sound sooo wrong.

andymc06
    Free Member

Ordered a starter pack of beans from Has Bean on Friday. Looking forward to trying the different blends 🙂

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Has bean’s annual subscription is awesome. The descriptions (and the accompanying video blog) can be a little over the top but they are frequently not far off if you use a decent grinder and machine.

crazy-legs

I use Exchange Coffee

Grind to order, excellent customer sxervice and a good range of coffee.
    Started using them almost by accident, I was searching for a supplier of Yauco Selecto Puerto Rican coffee and they cropped up.

Now they’ve run out of it. 🙁

Militant_biker

So, how does it taste, Alex?

samuri
    Free Member

No idea what problem you’ve had with the Krupps grinder. I’ve had one for ages and it’s ace. It doesn’t look the shit admittedly.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Mail order coffee (ground) recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.