Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Magura Thor service instructions/ manual please
  • griffiths1000
    Free Member

Just bought a set of used Magura Thor forks, plan to do a seal & oil change but can’t seem to find a manual, anyone got a pdf or a link? Also the best place to get a seal kit?

All the old links i can find have been blocked, assume Magura are not keen on Jo public doing his own service.

Thanks

mactheknife

Have u looked or asked on MTBR. They usually have the answer 🙂

StuE
    Free Member
    griffiths1000
    Free Member

Thanks Stue the video is very useful, much appreciated. If there is any more info on the internals that would be good.

joolsburger
    Free Member
    griffiths1000
    Free Member

Ive got a 2010 Thor Manual here anything specific you want to know?

Just wanting general information, the more i know about them before before i open them up the better. An exploded view of all the parts would be usefull.

Thanks for the links they are usefull

griffiths1000
    Free Member

Thanks guys, done the lower fork leg service now, and it is running nice and smooth.

Not sure the platform setting still may need attention. Hits the platform alright but seems to continue throug it all be it at a reduced rate.

Still would be keen on any PDF’S or info on the internal workings.

Cheers

peteimpreza

I have a hard copy of the owners manual and a broken set of forks.

Happy to send you the manual if you cover the postage costs.

mactheknife

griffiths1000 – how did the service go. My pikes are not coming as quickly as i was promised and i might have to head on holiday with the Thors, so i could really do with giving them a clean and lube.

Watched the vid and they make it look super – simple. Sourced the grease but not too sure which oil to order for the uppers.

Cheers

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Mike Jenner is the main Magura UK guy:

Mike@Racemechanic.co.uk

Really helpful with advice, and warranty chasing etc.

Crell
    Free Member

I think I met Mike at Mayhem this year. If so what a top bloke. He sorted my knackered marta mags out which were a last minute lash up (he went way beyond the call of duty) after being let down by Zyro warranty repairing my MT6s.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Worth noting that Mike is not allowed to deviate from spec on any Magura fork so tuning is verboten. Shame..

peteimpreza

I dont think Mike was they guy at Mayhem. I think he was the rep from Magura.

Lester
    Free Member

have you got the remote?
    i have a brand new unused one 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Magura Thor service instructions/ manual please’ is closed to new replies.