Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Magura Odur – any good?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

The frame cracked on my old enduro last year, can I find the receipt, no, anyway stripped the parts and recently got a new HT frame with the intention of putting the bits on it, trouble is the steerer on the forks is just a bit too short for my liking – no space for spacers so stem is directly on the headset, my LBS can do a pair of 08 Magura Odurs for £180, are these any good, anyone have experience, they get good reviews but have to admit to not knowing much about them?

jamnspoon
    Free Member

superb fork. i have the 100m odur. very stiff & nice & smooth .
    highly reccomended for the money.

avdave2

I like mine. Just have to make sure you get the spring and spacers right which are easy to change. It’s a heavy fork but I commute off road so I went for something with a reputation for long lasting simplicity that wouldn’t need regular servicing. Magura market it as a touring fork and it is designed for the off road commuting and touring market which is apparently quite big in Austria Switzerland and Germany. Mine’s been going all winter with no complaints. The standard spring they ship with is for riders between 80-94kg. below that and you’ll need the soft green spring and if tour a bit lardy then it’s the hard red spring.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Thanks guys, I’m about 85 kg so supplied spring should be ok, it’s a simple reliable no-nonsense fork I’m looking for for my ‘fair weather’ commuter/winter xc hack/take away on holiday machine … seems to fit the bill

Cheers.

avdave2

I don’t think you’ll find a better fork for the price your lbs is offering. At 85kg you’ll just need to remove one or both of the spacers which is a two minute job.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

mine was pretty god. although did have a top out clunk…
    i’m selling mine as part of a nearly full SS sale, but could be tempted to split (08 model, 85mm, 200mm steerer (i think) in VGC)

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

avdave2 – do they come with spacers, I thought you had to buy those separately? … anyway, got them in the end, fitted and ridden on Saturday, only getting about half the travel so far but guess they need a bit of loosening up and I’ve not done any mega rocky stuff yet, seem fine, didn’t notice much going on at the front which is what you want really so must be doing the job – did notice that after my post ride wash where I usually drop the bike a bit to shake off any water the front didn’t bounce up again like my older forks, they just sort of absorbed the drop and stopped.

Thanks for the offer hungry monkey but I wanted 100mm and longer steerer, and wanted them to ride this weekend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Magura Odur – any good?’ is closed to new replies.