Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Magic Mary will it fit?
  • joebristol

Looking at getting a magic Mary for the front of my bike for a wet / slippery FOD uplift day.

Firstly, has anyone used one with a rockshox revelation and found it has enough clearance? Wheels/forks are 650b. Rims are fairly narrow so imagine thectyre will have a fairly rounded profile one fitted. Running with inner tubes, not tubeless.

My 2nd question is which version of Mary? Can see a few shops have a cheap ‘bike park’ version, that’s really heavy. I don’t think I’d want to drag it round a xc trail but would it be ok for uplift days? Or has it got a really cheap compound of rubber that doesn’t grip well?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Good luck if you’re going to try & run a SG or bike park MM with a tube, they’re a nightmare to fit!
    The BP grip well enough, but are steel bead, so are very heavy.

lewis75
    Free Member

Im not too sure about clearance but I would stay away from using the ‘Bike `Park” version on the front. Its a different compound and not very grippy. Ive used the “Super Gravity” version on the front and its easily my favourite tyre.

SirHC

What tyre do you normally use on the front?

FYI, I ride in FOD quite a lot and Minion/High Roller EXO’s cope fine. On the uplifted tracks it doesn’t really get that muddy.

trusty

I run a Magic Mary on the front of my hardtail with revs (29er,not boost) and it fits fine. Running it on a 27mm internal rim

joebristol

I’ve currently got a 2.4″ Continental Miubtain Kinf black chilli on there. Fairly new (maybe 5 or 6 rides) and worked great at BPW and pretty well at a wet Cwmcarn. Wouldn’t say it’s amazing on wet roots though.

I probably run it with too high pressure in fairness but as a result I’ve never had a pinch puncture. Run it around 35 ish psi (according to the track pump gauge). I’ve not got a huge amount of finesse as a rider!

It’s on a 19mm inner width rim – Mavic X319 I think (whatever is standard on a Boardman Pro Fs).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Magic Mary will it fit?’ is closed to new replies.