Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • M9000 Cranks have finally arrived
  • jabbi
    Free Member

Been waiting patiently since September !
    DSC_0492 by benjabbi, on Flickr

They look loads better in the flesh than pictures, 580g with 32t ring (no BB), stainless steel teeth on the ring, will have to see if chain retention is as good as the Raceface NW it’s replaced.

sillyoldman

Spooky – I’ve got a Split Pivot Horsethief with XTR 11spd and Pikes…. Mine’s got old M960 cranks as I’m waiting on the 34T ring due this month for M9020s.

How do you get on with the CCDB shock? The Float is shite on mine. Had the tune firmed up, but still shite.

jabbi
    Free Member

Sillyoldman, the shock is better than the float, still fiddling though. There is no base tune on the CC website for a split pivot Horsethief, which meant I had to basically guess, but it’s a good match for the Pike and the climb switch is awesome, really firms things up, yet still absorbs the bumps.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Been waiting patiently since September !

You could at least have spent a tiny amount of that time sorting out the garden!

sillyoldman

Jabbi – thanks. I’m finding the Float vague and wallowy despite the firmed up tune. I should probably try volume reducers before ditching it though.
    What didn’t you like about the Float, and does the CCDB address those issues?

Cheers,

Dave.

jabbi
    Free Member

Captainflashheart, gardens in winter mode at the mo, it ‘ll be better once spring has sprung! (maybe:D)
    Dave, I found I had to run the Fox soft to try and match the sensitivity of the Pike, meaning it blew through the travel on relatively small hits/drops and the ctd didn’t seem make any difference when the going went up. Should have tried volume reducers, but Shiny New Kit Syndrome won in the end (as it always does :twisted:).

sillyoldman

Sounds like you found similar to me.

Thanks.

honourablegeorge

Interested to hear about the chain retention – have they done anything to the teeth other than make them slightly longer? (They don’t look long)

jemima
    Free Member

The teeth look like mini-chisels… The are pretty much rectangular in side profile.

cokie

Lovely bike. The M9000/20 stuff looks really nice.
    The tech spec says that you can get the cranks in 104 bcd- does that mean you can run any rings you like?

jemima
    Free Member

Spider arms are not equispaced so very proprietary rings. Hopefully E13 or Hope or suchlike will make some soon…

jabbi
    Free Member

The teeth are slightly taller and very squared off, they are all the same width, different to x-sync/NW but I suspect it will work ok.
    The cranks are not available with a standard 104mm BCD, so stuck with the £100 Shimano rings until others start making them, although the teeth are stainless steel so should last ages (and next years XT is bound to share this BCD, so could be a cheaper replacement when it does go).

jamj1974

Cranks look very nice OP!

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I’ve been waiting since September too

Crc delivered some back mid January with a missing crank arm :roll eyes: so still waiting!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

The cranks are not available with a standard 104mm BCD, so stuck with the £100 Shimano rings until others start making them

That time is now!
    I’d be tempted by these myself now a reasonably priced chainring is available, but literally just taken delivery of some RF Turbines.
    http://www.bikerumor.com/2015/02/05/wolf-tooth-components-turns-out-new-bcd-and-threads-to-fit-shimanos-new-xtr-m9000/

OneUp Components leak new XTR M9000 11-speed narrow-wide chainrings, too!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘M9000 Cranks have finally arrived’ is closed to new replies.