Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • M6 Services
  • cultsdave
    Free Member

Meeting folk on route to Dover tonight.
    Planning on a rendezvous somewhere around Preston way which is the least worse services there for a bite to eat?
    My expectations are low, just want to avoid Burger King as your best option!

binners

Where you coming from. Are you passing Tebay? Just nip in there and get some of their unbelievable pies. The food there really is top notch

codybrennan
    Free Member

A bit further up, but recommended +++++++

http://www.motorwayservices.info/j38_truckstop_m6

Good food, big servings, relatively cheap.

maccruiskeen

Good food, big servings, relatively cheap.

….smells of sweat

gogg
    Free Member

They’re all grim, but a quick detour off the M6 into Warrington 10 minutes max will put you at a chain pub on Winwick Road for real reheated food at a much more reasonable price.

Directions from Charnock Richard

codybrennan
    Free Member

….so does your momma….

hora
    Free Member

Westmorlands lost it for me, it seems portions gone down slightly and prices crept up over the years.

gogg
    Free Member

Unless you go for the earlier suggestions of the excellent Tebay & J38 Truckstop. Pukka grub, but still an hour north of Preston on a good run.

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

I’d second Tebay, I was very impressed with the whole shebang, its a nice place,building, food was good! Exactly what service stations should be!

mrchrispy

Tenby for teh win!!

binners

You’re right Hora. Other motorway services being renowned as they are for their high quality, well priced food, I really don’t know why anyone bothers stopping there 🙄

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

…portions gone down slightly and prices crept up…

Ah, portion size and price, the sign of a true gourmand!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Tenby’s probably a bit out of the way TBH.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Try this place just of the M6 near Warrington

http://www.thecentreatbirchwoodpark.co.uk/location.aspx

cheekyboy
    Free Member

hora – Member

Westmorlands lost it for me, it seems portions gone down slightly and prices crept up over the years.

Agreed they are definitely now resting on their laurels, that surly and obtuse Cumbrian attitude towards anyone not from Cumbria has lost its appeal now !

binners

Hora’s much better option than those rubbish, fresh homemade growlers at Tebay…..

And a snip at only twice the price, from the fridge in the Shell garage 😀

cheekyboy – why in the name of all thats holy would you detour off the M6, having by-passed Tebay, to head for an industrial estate in Warrington? Not even someone mentally ill would entertain that prospect. You and Hora are actually a danger to yourselves 😯

hora
    Free Member

Coming from the Pie Overlord himself 😯

This is like me taking on Caledonian and telling them how to make ale.

binners

This thread is making me hungry 😀

cheekyboy
    Free Member

cheekyboy – why in the name of all thats holy would you detour off the M6, having by-passed Tebay, to head for an industrial estate in Warrington? Not even someone mentally ill would entertain that prospect. You and Hora are actually a danger to yourselves

Is it the Warrington bit ?
    😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘M6 Services’ is closed to new replies.