Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • M25 speed cameras are useless, apparently….
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

your right the only reason not to speed is fear of being caught 😕

maccruiskeen

Now that words out that they’re switched off…… its going to be a bonanza when they get switched on again. How many commutes can someone do between triggering a camera for the first time and the first notice landing on their doormat do you think? 🙂

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Is the traffic ever clear enough to speed on the m25?

v8ninety

I would imagine that the overhead gantrys lighting up like so many autobot paparazzi may give fair warning when they finally do go live; I suspect the cameras on the variable section of the M6 are not active, either.

martymac

ex driver at my work did 3 runs to glasgow in one day (bus)
    started the day with a clean licence, ended the day banned.
    there were 2 permanent speed cameras (gatsos) at moodiesburn, and despite being covered in high viz reflective tape, he didnt see them.
    took a week for the paperwork to come through.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye chap i know got a saxo vts ( we had just turmed 21 and his insurance was affordable)

Took me out to show off.

Doing a silly speed coming up to a camera – i said camera he said its switched off…,not spotting the copper on the fly over.

Stracathro services flyover for those that know the area.

Banned.com

br
    Free Member

Absolutely, although its never consistant when/where.

your right the only reason not to speed is fear of being caught

Its a M-Way FFS, probably the safest type of road here (and maybe the world).

Dickyboy

It’s been fairly apparent for anyone remotely observant who uses the M25 even occasionally 🙄

TheBrick
    Free Member

Its a M-Way FFS, probably the safest type of road here (and maybe the world).

Not if most people are doing 70 ish and one is doing 120 ish.

jam-bo

if most people are doing 70 ish and one is doing 120 ish.

Not been on the m25 much then…

TheBrick
    Free Member

Incorrect. Don’t fall into the trap of stating that the M25 is always a car park. As br correctly states

b r – Member

Absolutely, although its never consistant when/where.

sugdenr
    Free Member

I haven’t slowed down for the m25 cameras for 5 yrs now and drive it twice a day so it’s not a surprise to me!

Sonor
    Free Member

With the amount of lane hopping, undertaking, and tailgating, there’s always enough speed to run into another vehicle.

belugabob
    Free Member

Not enough lane hopping swapping, if you ask me – especially the swap back to the left hand lane.

Cougar

Not enough lane hopping swapping, if you ask me – especially the swap back to the left hand lane.

My experience of the M25 is: move to lane 1, stick the cruise control on at 70mph, and pass all the other traffic rammed into lanes 3 and 4 doing about 50mph whilst I have two lanes to myself.

jonba
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

if most people are doing 70 ish and one is doing 120 ish.

What about one person doing 80ish when most are doing 50ish.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What about one person doing 80ish when most are doing 50ish.

More like one doing 60-ish on a motorbike and the rest doing 15-ish in cars… 😛

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘M25 speed cameras are useless, apparently….’ is closed to new replies.