Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lyrik 2-step users… or other high and low speed comprsion dampening fork users
  • alpin
    Free Member

how do explain what does what and how do have yours set-up; weight and riding style useful too.

had a play yesterday and ended up leaving both around mid point.

would like to reduce brake-dive if poss.

10 and-a-bit stone, 95psi in fork.

Jimbo
    Free Member

My understanding is that low-speed damping relates to (relatively!) low-speed movements of the forks, i.e. brake dive, weight transfer, pedal bob etc, etc, with high-speed damping being, well, the faster movements i.e. bumps/impacts etc, etc. Therefore, to reduce brake dive, increase the low-speed compression damping.

EDIT: If you’ve both set at half-way, could that not be an indication that you’re running too little air pressure? Whilst everyone is different, I was under the impression that you want as little high-speed compression damping as possible. Not enough air pressure = too soft = moving too fast/too much = adding too much damping to slow it down/make it feel firmer…

alpin
    Free Member

could be. was only playing with it for a while before i busted my knee.

pressure feels good at 95psi.

so i need to tighten up the low speed and slacken off the high speed compression, generally speaking…?

will have a play during the week once i can ride again.

cheers

neilb67
    Free Member

The easiest way I found to explain it to my customers ( motorsport users ) is that low speed is any forces being transferred down from the bike ( or car ) ie dive, squat, weight transfer etc. And high speed is any forces transferred up into the bike ie rocks, bumps etc..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lyrik 2-step users… or other high and low speed comprsion dampening fork users’ is closed to new replies.