Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lovely steel “lugged-ness”
  • aviemoron
    Free Member

This really does it for me – am I getting old?

crikey
    Free Member

Ummmmm, yes, you are.
    I started riding on this kind of stuff and it leaves me completely unmoved. I ride carbon fibre now and it makes a mockery of all the steel frames I’ve ever had, being lighter, stiffer and a good deal more durable and crash resistant.

clwydrider
    Free Member

Lovely bike, you can’t beat a nice lugged frame.
    Carbon Crash resistant?

cynic-al
    Free Member

who wants stiffer? you about to win a race?

comfort please…oh yes that’s steel and ti

MrNutt
    Free Member

vvvery purty!

don’t ever cut that steerer!

aracer
    Free Member

It would be a lot nicer without the full-chrome rear triangle IMO – apart from that it’s quite nice for what it is, I’m a fan of that colour.

aviemoron
    Free Member

crikey, I too have a lovely carbon framed road bike and yes it’s untouchable for speed, lightness, comfort, etc, etc, etc, but I had a bike frame like this once and I just would like to build up another one, just cos!
    Oh and I like the chrome rear end!

aracer
    Free Member

comfort please…oh yes that’s steel and ti

Or is it?

crikey
    Free Member

You’re still getting old…. 🙂

Carbon crash resistant? I can only speak from personal experience, rather than internet-gathered wisdom, so please excuse me, but I’ve broken, that’s properly broken, two steel frames, one 531, one 753, and one aluminium frame, yet I’ve crashed 5 times on a carbon frame and it’s always been ok…

izakimak
    Free Member

i like!!!

sherry
    Free Member

Top looking bike, very nice colours! Steel hard tails are the way to go if your not racing, they are much more comfortable and fun for general XC/trail riding. I would disagree with carbon frames being more crash resistant, I had a Scott carbon frame that cracked on the down tube after a minor off!!

joe1983
    Free Member

This is my restoration project at the moment:

Don’t know whether to drop the cash on a respray or not

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lovely steel “lugged-ness”’ is closed to new replies.