Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Loved ETA hate U turn ..what options for 125/130 fork with instant travel adjust
  • kaiser
    Free Member

don’t really hate u turn but dislike having to stop regularly to wind up/down.some may say leave it at 130 but i just can’t get on with steep climbs at 130 …..much prefer 100 or less …preferably 85mm . been a bit out of touch recently with fork options but is there a decent durable fork out there that? would satisfy my needs ? basically i need a fairly instant and large travel reduction without stopping ….
    any advice?
    cheers
    Bill

cluke
    Free Member

i would say maybe marazocchi xc 600 ata2’s! i have a set and theyy r great. 100 to 140mm travel and light as anything!

nicko74

I haven’t tried them, but have been looking at reviews with a view to buying them – how about Maguras? Some come with travel adjust, and I understand the RCL remote is a remote travel adjustment, handlebar mounted.

thomthumb
    Free Member

talas forks are very nice and the travel drops 20mm at a time instantly. only downside is they cost about the same as my car!

cluke
    Free Member

how much are you planning on spending on them?

Doug
    Free Member

06 AM2’s with TAS to lower them permanently to 130mm and ETA for the climbs.

hicksville
    Free Member

I have the same feeling so have used Pace but currently using Fox 36 talas very very very impressed

cluke
    Free Member

maybe even some rock shox pike’s.

allyharp

ETA was fantastic when I used it, it’s just a shame it doesn’t appear on a wider range of Marzocchi forks and there hasn’t been a similar copy from anyone else.

Swayndo
    Free Member

I agree about the ETA. I run 2 2006 Z1 Light ETAs – one on a 5 Spot and one on an Alpine. Fantastic fork for general use.

sherry
    Free Member

If you can get a hold of some Marzocchi retro XC 600 ETA 130mm with remote lockout you will be onto a winner. I got mine around a year ago and have had no probs with them. You can get them for around £200 now!

jimthesaint

Manitou IT forks have a handle bar mounted lever that can take the forks from anywhere in-between full to zero travel in less than a couple of seconds.

lardman
    Free Member

second the ‘2006 Z1 Light ETAs’, they are just right if you want an all-round fork with quick travel shortening.

Try and pick some of those up somewhere.

neilforrow

Just went through the same decision… I just sold some 2005 AM2’s with eta (great fork) and got a set of 2008 talas r 100-120-140mm so they gave me the same ‘eta’ feature… but an updated (and lighter) fork..

the talas fork and the magura’s are the only forks to have the eta type feature…

Neil.

tinsy
    Free Member

Maverick SC32’s have the same lockdown facility as ETA…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I have U-tun too and it is a pain stopping all the time, but I’ve been riding my hardtail pretty exclusively recently.

Its taught me that if I climb standing, a la singlespeed technique, You don’t really need a travel adjustable fork for steeps, although they’re still nice for the long winches up the hill.

That said, it does demand greater fitness – something thats only just returning to me.
    😆

james-o
    Free Member

DT forks have this feature.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Loved ETA hate U turn ..what options for 125/130 fork with instant travel adjust’ is closed to new replies.