Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)
  • Lost tdf peleton riders
  • jekkyl

I saw one of the Movistar team today, he must be lost I thought, being as he was in rural Staffirdshire. A little bit later I saw one of the Sky team too, very strange.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’m not sure if you’re taking the piss out of roadies in team kit or if you actually saw team members, but ones who aren’t in the tour team?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The world champion was on a warm up ride through North Hampshire on Saturday morning.

northernmatt

I saw one of the Sky team just outside Hawes at the weekend. Maybe he didn’t get the memo about this year and just did the same as last year.

cultsdave
    Free Member

Whats your point? If you go to a park at the weekend you will see many premier league footballers playing.
    Lots of people where the colours of a team they like for lots of sports.
    P.s I don’t have any team tops!

chambord
    Free Member

I went mountain biking the other day on win hill in a fox jersey the same as josh bryceland thinking I was all cool n shit and then I held open the gate for some people and one of them was josh bryceland.

Felt like a right ****. Still wear it though.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I’ve always though it odd how keen people are to advertise companies for free.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I rode into work on my foldie, in my suit. Jeeeeze you should have seen all those pretend Bankers and Forex Traders n such 🙄

What’s ya point… Exactly?

Curious

chakaping
    Free Member

I passed the yellow Jersey on my ride earlier.

Dunno how froomey had ended up in parbold but the miserable sod didn’t give me a nod back.

He looks fatter in real life too. And older.

chambord
    Free Member

He looks faster in real life too. And older.

Come on give us some real info – was he off his tits on drugs?

chakaping
    Free Member

You got in before my edit.

I think he had been on the pies.

Sandwich

“The Rules” is just a humourous thing not a credo to live the cycling life. Next time a smilie might help 8)

tiggs121
    Free Member

I’ve always though it odd how keen people are to advertise companies for free.

No labels on your clothes?

pondo

“The Rules” is just a humourous thing not a credo to live the cycling life.

Sir, I most vigorously beg to disagree.

molgrips
    Free Member

I saw Cristiano Ronaldo the other day, playing football by the swings in the park. He doesn’t look good, lost a *lot* of weight.. and height.. died his hair blonde too.. Seemed to be struggling with football skills.. and possibly cracking mentally too as he seemed to be clutching a couple of Moshi Monsters and a Hot Wheels car.

TheBrick
    Free Member

On my cloths no. I do draw a distinction though of a branded top say north face its the name of the company who makes the top to a cycling or football top with advertising on I.e sky plastered all over the top.

wilburt
    Free Member

I passed what looked like a splinter group on Holme Moss.
    None of them waived or smiled at me, so I blew passed them depite running sticky high rollers and having border terrier in pocket.
    kin roadies meh!

DT78
    Free Member

I was wearing my bargain £20 belkin Jersey today….does that mean I’ve been lost since last year?

zippykona

Ronaldo walked past my shop today.
    He’s let himself go.

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah, and I spotted some England rugby players down the supermarket today – I was surprised to find how small they are in real life.

scotroutes

With a Garmin jersey that would never happen

Daffy

scotroutes – Member
    DT78 » I was wearing my bargain £20 belkin Jersey today….does that mean I’ve been lost since last year?
    With a Garmin jersey that would never happen

🙂

ads678

Lionel Messi had a bath at my house earlier then went to bed about 7:30 on the top bunk. He looks a lot smaller in real life!!

pirahna
    Free Member

I sometimes see Alex Dowsett if I’m out on the road bike, he uses a cafe I frequent. Best spot belongs to a friend, Dowsett, Cav when he was World Champion and four other riders on the Sky team. She asked Cav for a picture and got Dowsett to take it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

pondo – Member

“The Rules” is just a humourous thing not a credo to live the cycling life.

Sir, I most vigorously beg to disagree.[/quote]

The reason it comes in hardback is so that you can shove it where the sun doesn’t shine for those taking these things a little too seriously.

Anyway in December kept seeing a couple of fella’s out in full sky kit and Pinarellos. Turned out it was Froome and Porte

pondo

The reason it comes in hardback is so that you can shove it where the sun doesn’t shine for those taking these things a little too seriously.

Oh, I say. I think I need only need to refer you to rule #3. These things are not to be taken lightly – also see rule #1.

On a lighter note, I saw someone cycling through Longbridge wearing a British champion’s jersey who looked fairly unlike Peter Kennaugh in many ways, and it made me both sad that anyone who hasn’t earned it is so disrespectful as to wear such a jersey, but also a little proud that cycling generally is so respectful. Trade team jerseys are an individual choice – I was gifted one but don’t wear it because I’d feel a knob going as slow as I do wearing it – but national, tour and WC jerseys should only be worn by those who have the right.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The rules are for pricks!

WTF should some internet nobody tell folk what they can/can’t wear.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Caught pretending to be grand tour riders… the shame 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

. Trade team jerseys are an individual choice – I was gifted one but don’t wear it because I’d feel a knob going as slow as I do wearing it – but national, tour and WC jerseys should only be worn by those who have the right.

Utter ball sacks, they’re marketed merchandise to be purchased and worn. I have a England football shirt tucked away from when I used to play (not for England obviously) and it has a gold star on it for winning the world cup; something I haven’t done but my country have.
    If you chose to wear a trade team or a champions jersey, what’s the real issue?
    Can you honestly say you have no branded clothing with visible labels that promote the brand or anything else?

wait4me

I’m going to wear my Vetements Z Jersey to ride to Superbagneres on my holidays. At 6ft 4in and 15st, I can’t imagine the folk of Luchon will have cause to double take. I am curious to know if this is some massive faux pas on my part though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I wore my finest travel beard out the the Mega one year. Sat at the qualifier waiting for my run two very nervous looking blokes came over and asked why I wasn’t at the STW Weekender, chatted for a bit then wandered off calling me Ed…. see don’t wear imitation Ed Oxley beards out either kids.

IHN

The world champion was on a warm up ride through North Hampshire on Saturday morning.

Jeez, he covered some ground, I saw him outside Swindon on Saturday morning.

mogrim

I was out riding with Valverde a few weeks back, except it was actually my mate in his free Movistar kit. He does work for Movistar and is also from Murcia, so is that OK?

MrNice
    Free Member

Tour/WC jerseys are a different situation from team kit. WC stripes when you’ve not earned them is like wearing someone else’s medals.

Full team kit just looks a bit silly, like you’re a kid or a mascot.

All IMNSHO of course…

pondo

Utter ball sacks, they’re marketed merchandise to be purchased and worn. I have a England football shirt tucked away from when I used to play (not for England obviously) and it has a gold star on it for winning the world cup; something I haven’t done but my country have.
    If you chose to wear a trade team or a champions jersey, what’s the real issue?
    Can you honestly say you have no branded clothing with visible labels that promote the brand or anything else?

What we have here is a difference of opinion. The issue for me is a lack of respect – I haven’t (and wouldn’t) say it carries over into other sports, I couldn’t care less if you wear an England football/rugby/synchronised swimming replica top, but cycling for me traditionally respects the champion jerseys and you don’t wear it if you haven’t won it. I’m not going to stop you from wearing one if you really want to, but I am going to make a judgement about you.

To reiterate exactly what I said in the post you quoted, trade teams are a different matter, I choose not to wear mine when riding because I think I’d look a tit riding that slow in pro kit, if you choose to that’s entirely up to you. In answer to your question I do have branded clothing, although what that’s got to do with anything I said, I don’t know.

scandal42
    Free Member

My best bib shorts are those Belkin ones that were an absolute bargain a few months back, I wear them because they are better than all of my other kit and are comfortable, so kiss my sponsored ass you miserable sap.

hatter

All this hand wringing over team kits is a very U.K. thing, in Italy wearing team kit is just your way of showing you love the sport and which riders you support, there’s no sniffiness about it.

I can’t help but feel this is somewhat more positive, healthy attitude, I also find it far more appropriate that people wear team kit out on the bike than people in football shirts who only step onto a football pitch if they’re taking a short cut on thier walk to the pie shop. .

That said I do draw the line at leaders jerseys and world champ stripes…. there are limits!

hilldodger
    Free Member

…I’m not going to stop you from wearing one if you really want to

Wow, rainbow stripe vigilante, scared……

convert

For me wearing bike trade kit is different to wearing football kit. Football team colours are by and large traditional and have been linked to the team for generations. The sponsor logo additions are just that. Cycle trade team kit and indeed the name of the team is entirely customised around the sponsor of the day. I see cycle trade team kit as far more of a walking advert than the football equivalent.

Also unlike Hatter above I think the fact that cycle fans wear it to cycle in is worse that football fans wearing it to eat pies. One is just a declaration of ‘tribe’ whilst the other is a little bit wannabe for my tastes.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Trade team kit is not all bad though.
    Helps spot the choppers who you need to be wary of overtaking/draughting. Club kit means you have probably been educated in the the rules of the road (not ‘the rules’) so know how to ride in a group safely and are not a buyer.
    Plain but stylish kit is usually a good indicator though there are exceptions.
    Funny how the waistlines are bigger on FKW’s too.

Retro kit is different and the more obscure the better.

World Cup stripes?! There’s some on my bike, carefully covered with a piece of black tape. The fact people buy the jerseys is laughable, that’s like buying medals for a war you didn’t fight and wearing them with pride 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘Lost tdf peleton riders’ is closed to new replies.