Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lost: POC knee and elbow pads on Llanberis Path, Snowdon today
  • GarethClay
    Free Member

Hi everyone – just posting on the very slim off-chance that someone happens to spot a set of POC knee and elbow pads on the Llanberis path on the way up Snowdon. Weird repeat of CaptainFlashheart’s experience – had the pads snugged up in the straps under my pack but they seem to have slipped out somehow. Bit of a sinking feeling knowing I had the full descent to do without them, but luckily no bashed knees this time. Wouldn’t mind so much but hate the idea of accidentally littering the place up!

If anyone does/has spotted them and we can figure out a way to get them back somehow then I’ll be very happy to buy you a beer or several!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I did a double take at the title!

Have you tried asking the railway and/or the café half way?

Mine never resurfaced. Sadly.

GarethClay
    Free Member

Weird coincidence hey? I googled ‘lost POC Snowdon’ and your post was the first result. Almost thought I’d got lucky and you might have found them until I saw the date on the post!

Good tip on the cafe and railway – I’ll give them both a call today. Sorry to hear your pads never showed up – I guess it’s a long shot for both of us.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Shouldn’t you have been wearing them?

Mordor is somewhat rocky.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How long until there’s a cairn of lost pads up there?

GarethClay
    Free Member

Dropped them on the way up so wasn’t wearing them then. Really wish I’d had them on the way down though.

I’m sat in the cafe at the bottom of the Llanberis path right now, scoffing barra brith. Apparently someone saw the pads and reckons they’re still on the mountain, so I’m off up to have a look. Fingers crossed…

robgclarkson
    Free Member

i came down the rangers path without my elbow pads… i need 7 stitches in my left elbow about 5 minutes into the descent…. good times 🙄

GarethClay
    Free Member

Found them! Thanks to the incredibly helpful chap at the cafe at the bottom of the Llanberis path, and some friendly walkers. Seems someone brought them down the mountain and left them at the side of the path just after the first gate. Kindness of strangers hey… good karma to all involved!

robgclarkson ouch…! You fully recovered now or still nursing the wounds? Totally understand how… wasn’t quite prepared for just how steep it would be in places, and all those boulders… argh!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Excellent!

robgclarkson
    Free Member

fully recovered thanks.. it was last april…. there was also 2 broken ribs, a broken wrist and a broken finger to see to as well, so i’m not sure the elbow pads would have necessarily done much to help!

looks like nothing of a fall, but i was doing 28 mph (apparently) 🙁

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqw-V2aQQpw[/video]

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I like the soft focus and groaning at the end!

jamj1974

As a fellow crash veteran – that made me wince.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

I still had to ride down from there…. not sure how I did really (well, I am; adrenaline), but when I got back to van I was finished, couldn’t even get changed… I plan to go back again next month and beat that demon, don’t care if I look like a stormtrooper, I’m going to do it!

& yeah Scienceofficer, it’s a bit “Blair Witch” 😆

jamj1974

I still had to ride down from there…. not sure how I did really (well, I am; adrenaline), but when I got back to van I was finished, couldn’t even get changed… I plan to go back again next month and beat that demon, don’t care if I look like a stormtrooper, I’m going to do it!

Good for you. All the best!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I plan to go back again next month and beat that demon

Getting back on the horse! Good on you!

GarethClay
    Free Member

Just got back to the land of internet connectivity and watched that – ouch! It all looked to be going so well too! Good on you for getting back up there – it’s a long walk up but the sweet taste of mountain biking victory at the bottom will be worth it 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lost: POC knee and elbow pads on Llanberis Path, Snowdon today’ is closed to new replies.