Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Looking for a backend web developer, bike lover. Nr Bristol
  • robinlewis1983
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m looking for a back-end web developer Nr Bristol area who has a passion for bikes and the community to get involved with a unique start-up bike website. In brief, we are looking for someone passionate about bikes, but can also be driven to help us make the company a success.

You must feel you have enough time outside of your day job and your very important riding time but we hope the idea will inspire you. Everyone involved is doing this in their free time, but we feel the company has real legs so this is a great opportunity to get involved with at the early stages.

There is no up front money, but there are good amount of company shares to be given to anyone who is directly involved. If you think you fit the bill and you want to know more drop a comment below and I will get in touch with you.

Thanks

Robin

allthegear
    Free Member

If you want somebody who can be driven to make your company a success, you’re unlikely to get them by vague promises of shares in an undefined venture but no actual money when instead they can be getting freelance work at £300+ a day pretty much anywhere else…

If the web development is important to the company, do the job properly or not at all.

Rachel

Stoner
    Free Member

He’s not exactly asking for 9-5 pro bono ATG.

I work a day or two a month for a small marine tech company that’s starting out in the world. One day it’s IP might make the company a success and me some money.

Its an interesting way of using the skills from the paying job to get involved in a different field for an equity stake if you have the financial and emotional spare capacity to take it on.

robinlewis1983
    Free Member

Hi All the gear

Sometimes people do things because they like the idea, not always for an instant financial gain. Everyone on the project does it in their own time, when they can with no pressure on it. There is no money to be paid and no money being made at the moment, however I will be buying their shares for them and if it does well they will get more than enough compensation. We are doing it for the love and enjoyment, not the money and I wouldn’t want someone who was just chasing the cash but I do want to find someone who wants to develop a biking community and be a central part of it.

I work in film as a freelancer and I get freelance rates for my days and I don’t do work for free so I know what you are saying, however I also help people with short films for free when I hear a good idea that interests me and want to be involved with, this is the same thing. I am asking around to see if anyone would enjoy to be part of something (if they like the idea) I am not asking for someone to work for me 9-5.

allthegear
    Free Member

Sorry – I think I’m just a bit sensitive over people dramatically undervaluing creative industries. “can’t you just make this?” type thing.

Rachel

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

OK, good, fight averted. Now Robin, care to share an outline of the exciting project? Not a web developer, but interested in the project, as a user if nothing else.

robinlewis1983
    Free Member

Thats cool and I totally get where you are coming from…. I am the opposite, I really value the work and appreciate the effort people put in, so i really want someone to get something out of it and it has to be on their own terms. Anyway anyone interested can contact me and ill tell them a bit more.

I had already built the site myself as a total novice but when there was a lot external interest from companies about my idea I had to re-think it as my build just was not good enough…. I am no code genius and I needed help…. thankfully I have got it, but unfortunately our current developer and good friends tech company has exploded in size so he hasn’t had time recently and we have had to consider getting help to make sure we can get up and running. It is important people want to do it and more important is that they feel they have some free time to be able to get their teeth in to it.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Hi I may know someone who may be interested in this.

How much time per week they would need to dedicate to this? Or does it depend on his/her skill level?

robinlewis1983
    Free Member

Urban Hiker, I would love to give you a few more details but I need to keep some of it close just for the moment. ;-P

robinlewis1983
    Free Member

Hypnotoad, according to ‘our guy’ its about a weeks work initially in total, probably half of that to get the beta up and running if the person is hot on it…. Most of the code will be pretty basic stuff but a few elements are a bit more complicated yet we have a guy on hand to help with that. we want to get it up and running in the next 8 weeks or so…… there is a lot of scope for people to have ideas and implement them and the idea is as a company director they help progress and develop the site over they year, at this point it should be generating some income.

robinlewis1983
    Free Member

Drop me a personal message for more details or to chat about it. I want to be a bit vague on here, no point in telling the world all the details and having someone pinch it.

Torminalis
    Free Member

email in profile.

molgrips
    Free Member

I might be interested, copy me. Email in profile as usual.

robinlewis1983
    Free Member

Hi Molgrips, for some reason I cannot select your profile to see your email, like everyone else’s. could you please drop me a quick hello to robinlewis1983@googlemail.com so I can send over the info.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a backend web developer, bike lover. Nr Bristol’ is closed to new replies.