• This topic has 27 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by the00.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Longer shorts for the long of leg?
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I’m not super tall 6’1” or so but I’m disproportionately leggy I think.

I’m trying to find some longer shorts than will actually cover my pads and stop the uncomfortable rucking up that happens along with the inevitable ****-gap.

My current fox shorts fit great but are only a 12” inseam and as such are too short really. I’m loathe to pay 80quid for a pair of longer Fox Defend shorts (14.5” inseam) without a chamois if they is a cheaper option.

Something for day to day use, I guess Enduro™ as I’m not really a DH’er anymore but I pretty much only pedal up for the the descents.

Somethings with a ratchet or similar waist adjustment and couple of zip up pockets ideally.

Suggestions appreciated.
    Ta.

lucky7500

I find my Sombrio Highline shorts to be a pretty good length and surprisingly long lasting, and I’m around the same height as you. Not exactly cheap though.

longmover
    Free Member

Royal Racing shorts come up quite long

richardkennerley

I’m 6’2 and like Raceface Ambush shorts 👍

chakaping
    Free Member

Madison Zenith 2018 if you can still find a pair in your size (they come up a bit tight in the waist but are lovely and long).

sandwicheater

Booked marked for later, i’m all femur (worst. brag. ever.)

solidrooster
    Free Member

I’m 6ft4 and using dakine derail shorts.

ossify

Or go for a 3/4 length instead of shorts maybe? I have the Madison Trail 3/4 and like them.
    Still plenty of shin showing for the pedals to get their required blood offering.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

If anyone gets a chance could you measure the inseams for comparison? A lot of them are not listed online.

Ta!

lardman
    Free Member

Madison Addict Softshell shorts are really long.

fathomer

The newer Nukeproof shorts are a good length, I also have some Sweet Protection Hunters which are almost to long!

chakaping
    Free Member

The newer Nukeproof shorts are a good length

I’ve thought they look promising, any opinion on durability yet?

Esme
    Free Member

I shortened a pair of trousers to get the right length shorts. Half-price in a sale, so not too expensive.

vmgscot

Dakine 8 track are my go to for the long legged me but I’ve not seen any in a while.

fathomer

chakaping
    I’ve thought they look promising, any opinion on durability yet?

Unfortunately not, I’ve only worn them twice in the dry, dusty Pyrenees and I’m currently broken so not sure when they’ll get worn again.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

The sweet protection shorts are a good couple of inches longer than the rest by the looks of it so they look like a winner.

chakaping
    Free Member

#healingvibes fathomer

Do they seem reasonably sturdy, not overly thin like Royal for example?

the00
    Free Member

I bought some Ion Scrubb Amp LONG shorts, which have a 14″ inseem. They’re another ‘expensive basic short without a liner’.

I’d like to try some Madison shorts, which are my radar for my next pair.

lucky7500

Sombrio Highline in medium have a 14 inch inseam.

fathomer

chakaping
    #healingvibes fathomer

Do they seem reasonably sturdy, not overly thin like Royal for example?

Thanks 😁

I’ve got the Outland which are the cheapest ones they do. They’re lightweight, like my old TLD Skylines that lasted years, so we’ll see I guess.

Tracey

If it stops raining long enough for me to get the tape out of the garage I will measure a selection of what we have got in the camper. Bang in the middle of a storm for the second night running

davosaurusrex

6’3″ and a bit with 36″ inseam here. Tried loads including a fair few above, sent nearly all of them back. Currently wearing the Nukeproofs which are nigh on perfect shorts IMO. Had the large which were perfect length but a bit big around the waist so jogged them on and got the mediums. I would still like these to be an inch longer inseam as I do get a bit of gap when pedalling seated sometimes. Been wearing them twice a week for about 6 months in all conditions, using them for jogging too, durability has been great apart from the little rubberised logo peeling off. Paid 30 quid on sale. Marvellous.

bikebob

@ davosaurusrex – which Nukeproof shorts did you buy. I’m a tad slimmer and inch shorter in inseem. Thinking if they fit you, should be good for me. Really wish to avoid the buying lots and returning them. Thanks.
    I look like a Boy Scout in most shorts, not a good look.

bowglie

If you like your baggies long and not too logo’d up, I can recommend Findra mens baggies.  I’m 6’1” with 34 inseam and they really work well with both sets of pads I use.  They’ve also got a silicon strip in the waistband that keeps them nicely in place. The shorts were in the sale not long back, 50% off.  Apparently, the feedback they’d had from people was that they’re too long!😄

davosaurusrex

The Blacklines. I ordered the Nirvanas as well which are very nice but inseam is a good inch shorter so they went back

Tracey

Measured inside leg, all 34 inch waist, not mine.
    Scott, Madison, Troy Lee and Dakine all 14 inch
    Fox 12 inch

the00
    Free Member

Findra shorts still on sale, and look ok. I’ve ordered some.

the00
    Free Member

So i like the length of the Findra shorts… but there’s too much material elsewhere. They’re too baggy, and get caught on my saddle. I also think the waist elastication is unnecessary – it adds a fair bit to the weight of the shorts, especially when wet.

I have ordered some Royal shorts from CRC.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Longer shorts for the long of leg?’ is closed to new replies.