Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Long-travel Santa Cruz Tallboy
  • ashfanman
    Free Member

130 travel, full carbon, 142mm through axle, lower and slacker… Looks good.

From Pinkbike.

hugor
    Free Member

Now there’s something that excites me!!
    Fantastic bike.

Paceman
    Free Member

Would love to demo one of those.

Drools at photos… 😛

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Just seen that bike at Stainburn this evening, It may well have actually been that very bike in the pic above, although I’m sure Joe said it was 140mm travel and his had Enve rims. I think there will be a write up in MBUK/WMB/Bikeradar shortly, possibly with Joe riding it, there was a photographer with him aswell. Unfortunately, he didn’t think us taking pics would be a good idea, might have got him in trouble. It looked lovely tho.

Ringo
    Free Member

looks like the transition bandit 29 i just bought 😀 only not as sexy

NZCol

I’ve had my Tallboy for about 2.5yrs and always said a 130mm version would be fantastic. Hence I have ordered an LTc in black/orange. Yummmm.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Ringo – got any pics of your Bandit? How’d you like it, I think I am about to take the plunge with one.

The Tallboy LT looks ace – I tested a Tallboy and really quite liked it, it was a rocket, I just wanted a little more travel and slackness – the LT could be that, I just can’t wait that long.

Ringo
    Free Member

frame was delivered friday should have it all built up for next weekend, it looks **** luvverly though 🙂

whippersnapper
    Free Member

what colour did you for? I can’t decide between the green or pewter. Oh, and what forks you going for?

(sorry for slight hi jack)

Ringo
    Free Member

pewter, so far for the build i have bought flow rims evo hubs, rockshox dual position revs, reverb, thomson kit, and some stupid wide bars 😀

Ringo
    Free Member

the pewter looks real nice up close and i also thought that when i chip or scratch it etc it wont show too bad

whippersnapper
    Free Member

sounds tasty…similar to the build i priced up yesterday. Enjoy 😀

Ringo
    Free Member

Will post pics up when built 😀

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The LTc above is 135mm rear travel and 140mm forks.

Lucas
    Free Member

Now I like the look of that Tallboy LT a lot.

Wippersnapper you get the bandit and I’ll get the new Tallboy next year. Stops us having the same bike again and gives me a year to save up and sell stuff so I can afford it.

Naranjada
    Free Member

Having spent yesterday on a Tallboy demo and, though loving how it rides and in general loving the new-to-me feel of 29ers, it seemed to me as though it would benefit from more travel and a slacker head angle.

This new LT Tallboy looks to be the solution to that problem, but its biggest drawback could be its (anticipated) price and the Bandit Two9.

ashfanman
    Free Member

This new LT Tallboy looks to be the solution to that problem, but its biggest drawback could be its (anticipated) price

Yeah, reckon it will be a touch spendy. What do we think – £2,700 frame and shock?

jambo13
    Free Member

I reckon £2599, match the yeti sb66c.

Looks really nice, but still glad I’m getting a ‘normal’ Tallboy instead, no XXL on this LTc

ashfanman
    Free Member

I reckon £2599, match the yeti sb66c

The TRC is £2,700 though – I can’t see it being cheaper than that…

jambo13
    Free Member

US price is $2699 according to the SC website, which is the same as the tallboy-c surprisingly.

http://www.santacruzbikes.com/tallboylt_carbon/#pricing.php

Assuming SC translate that to the same price as the UK Tallboy then £2399 ????? Though I just noticed that math doesn’t work the same with the TRc as you say……. :’-(

beb

W-A-N-T!

Echoing peoples thoughts above, rode a tallboy c, thought it was ace but could do with being slacker and a smidge more travel, wondered when they would do one of those…

Time to get saving 🙂

EDIT: like the way the shock mounts off the downtube now ala nomad…looks ace!

Paceman
    Free Member

Anyone tried a standard Tallboy with 120mm up front? I felt the same about the 100mm Tallboy when I demoed it.

wrecker
    Free Member

The kingdom savant looks a bit tasty. £1800 odd too.
    http://www.kingdombike.com/TheKingdom/?p=1533
    Dunno if it’ll be any good though………

druidh
    Free Member

Paceman – I ride the Tallboys little brother, the Blur XC. I been using 120mm Reba since I got it (SC say it’s OK). I tried my 100mm SIDS on it and I reckon that’s a better match – it wanders a lot less while climbing. I’m gong to knock my Rebas down to 100mm now.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Prices and video of Guy riding the demo at Stainburn/Yorkshire Dales
    http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/videos-santa-cruz-tallboy-lt-and-ltc-33606/

wrecker
    Free Member

I DO NOT like those exchange rates.
    Cheers jungle……

martinh
    Free Member

Exchange rate + shipping + import duty + middleman markup + 20% VAT

jambo13
    Free Member

Exchange rate + shipping + import duty + middleman markup + 20% VAT

US prices for Tallboy-C and Tallboy LTc = $2699

UK price for Tallboy-C is £2399 yet the LTc is £2699.

Go figure….

druidh
    Free Member

The UK price for the Tallboy-C is obviously a bargain then

wrecker
    Free Member

Americans have mark ups and tax too.

Paceman
    Free Member

So anyone seen one yet, or ridden one. Assuming there’s a demo bike in the UK yet?

Raptor
    Free Member

i ride a Genius on a 26″ wheel which i think is a damn near perfect bike. but i think this bike could well be a genius beater. i’ll have to demo & see

skywalker
    Free Member

God that is nice!

rOcKeTdOg

Ardent on the back? Madness!

pete68
    Free Member

Pace man,I ride a tallboy with aa 120 fork up front. Works great and don’t find climbs any problem on it. It also slightly lifts the bb which helps on pedal strikes. Raced xc and endurance races set up like this and think it handles fine. Never tried it with a100 fork though.

wwaswas

Is it just me who finds the cable routing to the rear triangle a bit messy? I much prefer cables that follow tubes rather than ‘float’ and flap about when the suspension is compressed.

argyle
    Free Member

i’m going to be trying out a Bandit 29 soon – Pedals in edinburgh just built up their demo one! Should be a giggle 🙂

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pedals-Eco-Conscious-Bike-Care/172205162817318

skywalker
    Free Member

Transition have some ***** up top tube lengths.

18″ with a 571 ETT, hmmmmm ok.

simonm
    Free Member

Ardent on the back? Madness!

Not in nice dry conditions, ARDENTS front and back rock.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Long-travel Santa Cruz Tallboy’ is closed to new replies.