Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Long shot, what subwoofer with a neutrik conection?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

OK, I know I could F off to AV forums, but lets just pretend I love this place & respect the advice I get (reading between the dross).
    I have Keff eggs & an old REL Q100e sub, but I want a tighter deeper bass, the main problem is I don't want to rip up the woodern floor to lay new cables, so a neutrik connection is a must at this point, so fire away, what's my best bet?

Cheers in advance.

saladdodger
    Free Member

REL Quake does it for me, try differant positions in the room

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

The touble is the cables are run beneth the wooden floor, so I can't mess with possitioning, just tweak the settings, that & the room has to be wife freindly 🙁
    To give you an idea the sub is in a corner opposite the eggs, not ideal…

RichPenny
    Free Member

What Neutrik is it, Speakon? You should be able to get an adaptor to avoid limiting your choice, or just rewire the cable in situ (unless you've got a plate in the wall).

Can't help with the sub really, as I don't like them. Got a £1.5k sub as furniture at the moment, found it hard to integrate properly and eventually gave up. You just need to get proper speakers 😉

Top.Dog
    Free Member

i think Cyrus n-subs have a Neutrik con.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Cyrus don't make a sub as far as I know. If you mean the Naim n-sub, it has phono low level and 4mm high level inputs. Neutrik is a connector brand, rather than a type of connector. They make DINs, phonos, XLRs, Speakons etc.

MrNutt
    Free Member

my (v little use) Rel Strata III, its cherry maple, want to see a pic?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Can't you just remove the connector and rewire it? It'll be easy to do (the Speakon ones i've done before are, anyway).

Rio

In the interest of domestic harmony I recently had to replace my REL sub with something smaller and went for one from M J Acoustics – I think theirs all have neutrik connectors.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks all, anyone have opinions on BK subs? they seem good value & use the same conections as REL, so might be worth a punt.

Mr Nutt, feel free to post a pic, oh & a price 😉

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Very pleased with my BK XLS200. Can't fault the build quality and the sound is a big step forward from a (more expensive) Monitor Audio sub that I was using before (failed and wasn't economic to repair).

I did a fair bit of research into building my own sub on the basis that they're very simple beasts – a good speaker, a good (simple) amp and a well made box is about it. Looking at the cost of the parts there was negigible saving against what BK charge. The same speaker unit appears (rebranded) in subs costing twice the price.

The only drawback is that they lack an auto-on/off circuit. The one on my MA sub wasn't great (it still ate a fair bit of power when supposedly switched off) anyway and i now run the BK off a 'standby saver' type thing on my TV.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Oh, and compare the MJ Acoustics to the BK subs. They're built by BK the with the same drivers. The MJ versions have more 'features' but the equivalent BK has more power (and costs about 50% of the price).

MJ Reference 200 = 200w at £729 vs BK XLS 200 = 275w starting at £302

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks for that simons.

MrNutt
    Free Member

/should really dig his poor neglected sub out for a photo shesh

hows £300 sound?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Long shot, what subwoofer with a neutrik conection?’ is closed to new replies.