Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Long Distance Relationships
  • ourmaninthenorth

I am officially the greatest g/ f in the world EVER.

Pleased it work out. I did worry, having planetd the suggesiton of turning up, that you might have a NZCol style encounter… 😯

Frankenstein
    Free Member

emsz – just keep yourself busy and make sure you share your thoughts with each other and if she feels the same way you will be fine.

I know ppl who have had overseas relationships -its all about communication and keeping busy so you avoid depression.

😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

OWWWW! FuuuuKKKKK, I just had to bite my tongue really hard!!!

Bunnyhop

We had the long distance relationship.

Meeting in California, is was a blessing to find out he lived and worked in London and I was in Manchester. So not too bad really.

Been married over 8 years now, so it can all work out well.

emsz
    Free Member

Thanks Ourmaninthenorth it was lush. We had a lovely time. She was speechless ( for once lol). Bunnyhop makes me smile everytime I read the success stories

allthegear
    Free Member

whoa – hang on a minute – a friend of mine (way way way) off this forum just caught me on FB and said she’d just had her partner surprise her by turning up out of the blue and it was fab.

Please tell me it’s a coincidence??? This involved her partner coming all the way down to London…

Rachel

allthegear
    Free Member

panic over – she left Uni in the Summer!!

That would have been too weird for words…

Sorry! Rachel

emsz
    Free Member

Rachel that would have Been too weird!! Partners in Oxford 🙂

hels
    Free Member

I did this briefly when I left NZ, silly really and more just being too young to be honest enough to end it ad selfishly hedging my bets.

Anyways it has always struck me as the worst of both worlds, among the good things about a relationship is having somebody there to keep you company and support you. When you are single you can do what you what, with who you want etc.

If you are in long distance you don’t get the company and support, and you don’t have the freedom to compensate for it.

(just my cynical view – if you are happy go for it !)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Did someone say lonely girl in Oxford?

allthegear
    Free Member

Oxford, Cambridge – all the same to me. Except I work in Cambridge (and so does my friend).

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

My fianceé is back in Kansas as her visa for studying here has expired, but I still have to wait for my visa so I can move over there… Because we have no definite time frame it is a horrible experience! I visit the embassy on monday, for my final interview, so I will know better then…

Jellybaby
    Free Member

Only read a few threads on here but heres my take. Currently in a new relationship with 130 miles between us, lets see…I get a free weekend away every 2 weeks, time out from hassles of living with the parents, no bloke to nag at, no bloke to nag at me, new places to ride, new people to ride and drink with, my own space when im back at home, my own time to be with my friends, he misses out on all the ladies week crap and i miss out on all the house untidy stuff…so other than petrol costs and milage on the new to me car its all good so far!
    Oh and as for surprise visits i tried this and turned up rather late one night after getting lost on the way and didnt want to spoil it so didnt get there til 11pm, he had to be up at work at 4am next day oops 😳

izakimak
    Free Member

[/quote]…I get a free weekend away every 2 weeks

not anymore £50 a night from now on 😀

no bloke to nag at me

gonna have to change that.

Oh and as for surprise visits i tried this and turned up rather late one night after getting lost on the way and didnt want to spoil it so didnt get there til 11pm, he had to be up at work at 4am next day oops

revenge will be mine 8)

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Long Distance Relationships’ is closed to new replies.