• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by aP.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • London cx league today at Redbridge
  • aP
    Free Member

Anyone else now thawing out?
    I didn’t fall, I wasn’t sick and I finished – about what I expected. There was also a Todd visitor down for some clement weather…

oldgit
    Free Member

Result then 😉

Will I see you Sunday?

plop_pants
    Free Member

I always dread it when just a simple fall in those conditions can have you floundering to get back into it. But I must say I really enjoyed today. Thankfully I’ve still got an old green Michelin Mud which made a big difference with front traction and I didn’t fall once. Bonus!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I heard the quorn burgers were good.

aP
    Free Member

Haha – I wouldn’t know about quorn burgers, I don’t think fungal growth dressed up as meat was on the menu – bacon maybe?
    Yes I had 2 old loft aged Michelin Mud tyres on today, I was intending to put my tubs back on but have been too busy doing other stuff.oldgit – yes, I’ll be there next Sunday – standing miserably in the rain as promoting club.

plop_pants
    Free Member

aP – looking forward to Happy valley. Not done it before but I’ve heard its very fast. 😀
    Can you keep the hurdles a bit lower than today’s? They were a bit of a struggle even with my long legs!

aP
    Free Member

Sorry p_p – it’s a central league race at Hillingdon. I think that the hurdles are regulation 30cm, although i think that the rules have changed to allow 20-30cm now. Brighton will probably have the same hurdles, don’t quote me! Although the promoting club are better known for track racing…

plop_pants
    Free Member

Ah ok.
    I guess last year’s joint LL/CL event at hillingdon was deemed a step too far with 180 riders? No Hillingdon for LL this year which is a great pity.

ackie
    Free Member

It was going to be my first ever Cyclocross race today as it’s relatively near my house but I admit I bailed out due to weather sorry i mean family commitments 😉

Was it fun/muddy?

chipps

It was great fun. Horrible, horrible weather, but a great course – and a really good mix of fitness vs tech challenge (I failed the fitness challenges, but made up on the slippery stuff.)

Back home now, drying out and washing kit.

And those barriers weren’t regulation 40cm max – more like 50cm+… 😛

aP
    Free Member

Hey chipps – nice to meet you. Just get ready for the ‘adult discussion’ tandem…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘London cx league today at Redbridge’ is closed to new replies.