• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by chvck.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

seem to be happening again. just a heads up.

For me it’s just a case of deleting the cookie:

desktop:

chrome>3 dots topright>setting>advanced>privacyandsecurity>contentsettings>cookies>seeallcookiesandsitedata.

from there scroll down and delete the singletrackworld cookie. (might be a couple of instances)

mobile:

chrome>3 dots topright>setting>sitesetting>all sites

from there scroll down and delete the singletrackworld cookie. (might be a couple of instances)

Guessing something similar will work on other browsers.

ransos
    Free Member

I had the same. A problem unique to this site.

ffej
    Free Member

Just had the same again… once deleted I was logged in automatically when I clicked on the bookmark.

Never had so many issues with a website.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I posted this to be helpful btw, no so youse could start a wingefest! 😆

scaredypants

I had it today for the 1st time ever

If you go to the login page and click “having trouble logging-in” or whatever, it deletes the cookie for you and so you’re straight back in (firefox & windows anyway).  Feels a bit insecure but I suppose sites are “allowed” to manage their own cookies by all browsers – are they ?

leffeboy

yep, same problem and as the scared one says just click on the ‘having trouble logging in’ button and it is sorted.  It would be helpful if that was a bit larger and maybe renamed as it’s looks like the normal less than helpful help link on most sites but in this case actually does something very useful

CountZero

I had the same. A problem unique to this site.

Or perhaps just certain browsers on desktop machines?

ransos
    Free Member

Or perhaps just certain browsers on desktop machines?

Chrome on a moto G5.

bruneep

What a faff this is

ssboggy

Same problem here too, chrome on a Lenovo tablet.

whitestone
    Free Member

Feels a bit insecure but I suppose sites are “allowed” to manage their own cookies by all browsers – are they ?

No! Cookies are specific to a browser so Chrome can’t access those set by Firefox, etc.

Mowgli
    Free Member

It’s almost as if they want everyone to stop using this forum. That said, I’ve almost memorised the process for deleting the STW cookies now as I’ve done it so many times, so it’s less of a ballache than it was the first few times.

Drac
    GavinB

Thanks for posting this.   I’ve had to go through this again today.  Feeling rather underwhelmed by the forum functionality recently, what with all the ‘improvements’.

bruneep

had the same faff on mobile device today, wonder when I’ll have to do  tablet login. 😐

is this progress?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Anyone worked out how to delete specific rather than all cookies in the edge browser?  I can’t be arsed with the fallout of deleting all so my home browsing has been curtailed 🙁

cheers_drive

I’ve been being logged out of all of my devices over the past few days and not allowed back in. The advice on the link ^ that Drac posted works.

ssboggy

Had to faf about with the phone now, thought it was a ball ache before having to log in every week or two but it was a lot simpler than it is now

richmars

I don’t think there is a simple way to only delete a specific cookie in Edge.

There may be a way with ccleaner but I I haven’t tried it. I just don’t post on my desktop pc.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

On login page on Android mobile, I had to click the link about having troubles logging in, problem solved.

sirromj

Well I keep completely avoiding this thread while thinking what a bunch of muppets. Then it happened to me! OMG! Thanks for the info.

yours, muppet of croyden…

chvck
    Free Member

I’m on Chrome on a Linux desktop. I encountered this this morning, looking at the cookies I had two wordpress_logged_in_xxxxx cookies one of which expires in 2 weeks but the other immediately. I deleted the cookie that expired immediately, refreshed the page and I was logged in again. Seems to be stable since doing that too. In case it’s of any use to anyone else then I used the EditThisCookie extension to do this, it’s quicker/easier than using the tools in Chrome.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Log in problems’ is closed to new replies.