Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Locking wheelnuts
  • ianpinder
    Free Member

So my mum has amanaged to loose the locking nut…. muppet, what are the options?

wombat

Got to you local main dealer and give them about £35 having produced about 30 pieces of random (but allegedly essential) identification they will probably be able to order you a new one if it's a manufacturers suppliet locking nut

mickasaki
    Free Member

What make of car is it? Most main dealers have master kits (unless they have gone missing like ours!) and can easily remove the old ones without damaging the wheels. Usually just as cheap to by a new set than just the locking key aswell!

ianpinder
    Free Member

i don't think it is a dealer fitted one, but i'll try taking it to a dealer

ianpinder
    Free Member

sorry, its a pretty standard ford focus

wombat

Main dealer should be able to sort you out if your mum goes to them with with V5 for the car & driving license

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

A lot of tyre fitting places are pretty good at removing locking wheel nuts without the puzzle key (your mum isn't alone in loosing the puzzle key) and you can buy them via Ebay Here if you think you'll need them again.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Tyre fitting places can be cheaper than Main Dealers for expensive cars or non-standard nuts but I guess your local Ford dealer is a good start.

Micheldever Tyres near Basingstoke sorted my A8 out for £30 when the dealer wanted 3 figures to look at it.

nonk
    Free Member

my van came without the key socket so the mechanic at the garage just took an old socket that was slightly to small whacked it on and undid the nut. 😕
    whats the point in them then?

robbo1234biking

Depending on the type you can either go the socket route above or if they are softer metal around a hard metal like Ctroen ones then drill four small holes about 2-3mm around the edges and then use a punch at an angle with a hammer to turn them in the correct direction – can get them off in about 5 mins a wheel but they will be knackered and require replacement. Cheaper than main dealer options though

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Locking wheelnuts’ is closed to new replies.