Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Local Rides For Local People (Weekend Pics)
  • colournoise

I do love getting out on my own for a head clearer on a Friday evening. Dumps all the work stress and sets me up for the weekend.

2021 01 22 bike 005 01b

2021 01 22 bike 005 06

Klunk
    Free Member

managed to get for an afternoon road ride, nice to see some sunshine…

hopefully it will be cold enough and the flood water receded enough to get an early off road ride sunday.

colournoise

Almost thought you’d just reposted last weekends photo again Klunk! Top marks for consistency.

Klunk
    Free Member

the pic is actually from 2010 i don’t ride i just doctored the photo to make it look slightly different.

colournoise

i don’t ride

But then again… Who does?

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

It was nice to finish work early enough to get out in the sunshine yesterday afternoon .

gazzab1955

At the top of Kiln Hill, above Abbotsbury (Dorset), yesterday. Wonderful ride in the surprisingly warm sunshine.

Put a link to the photo on my blog page via the IMG icon, but the post doesn’t seem to recognise it. How do you get images into posts?

kayak23

A bit of a local gravel bike ride today.
    Trouble is,I don’t have a gravel bike so used a fatbike instead.

24 hour drone strikes

It's funny what **** leave in laybys

Jamze

Been out on the old bike quite a bit recently. Everywhere local is ankle-deep in water, so rides around the lanes to get some fresh air.

Alex

Couldn’t face another festival of filth, so went for some backroad/gravel track/farm tracks. Maybe not the best day to ride untreated roads under tree cover! Quite a few moment of bowel clenching terror 😉 Still brilliant to ride into all the amazing views on our doorstep.

Ice, Ice baby

Ice, Ice baby

Ice, Ice baby

Ice, Ice baby

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Road ride for me this morning with a wee bit of off road thrown in.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

@ gazzab1955 You need to share the link from an external Image hosting site,Instagram or in my case I upload to my Pinkbike Account and share the link from there .Bit of a flaff,but works.

gallowayboy

First time on the bike since Hogmanay for me, broke the inertia loop at last with a household jaunt on the moor. A jolly mixture of new snow covering the ruts and unpredictable frozen bog crust…..with predictable results..

Excellent fun all round

matt_outandabout

Lots of ice here still, so mrs_oab, middle_oab and I got out for a walk. And managed to meet two of my team from work..

slackboy

Beautiful, crisp, snowy ride spoilt only by breaking my glasses after 4 miles.  Not being able to see the downhills made things “interesting”

jimmy748

Few miles around Bridlington with a beer on the beach Thursday night after a long drive up.

Stopped at Wharncliffe on the way home yesterday.

Riding home after dropping of the rental car at 8.30 this morning.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

The Cotswold hills above Cheltenham and Gloucester started frozen never lasted on soon became a mud bath bit of snow over towards Birdlip still great ride on the Fattie need to use it more done three rides this year on it so not bad only used it 4 times last year.

scotroutes

A bit chilly today!

sirromj

Sure it doesn’t have the appeal of other landscapes but I still appreciate it.

roger_mellie

https://i.postimg.cc/W3p80drD/IMG20210123125855-00.jpg

Alex

love that picture @scotroutes 🙂

ampthill

Ok so I can’t get an image from Flickr to hear on my phone

ampthill

Friday night walk over the heath to get beer

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kvabQG]20210122_162445-01[/url] by John Clinch, on Flickr

Friday mixed surface ride. 10 miles of road to Woburn, down to the canal along to MK and back through Cranfield.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kv62Fy]20210123_141415-01[/url] by John Clinch, on Flickr

beltaine
    Free Member

Alex, your bottom picture…is it taken up by the Much Marcle tv mast, looking down on the A449 ?

gecko76

Last week’s mud has mostly frozen. Unfortunately the same is true of the forks on the hardtail so took the gravel bike again, which didn’t need cleaning this time.

Klunk
    Free Member

managed to get out this morning

mostly frozen solid interspersed with 2ft deep swampage (thankfull to have waterproof riding boots)….

from yesterdays walk, had to ride through covered by a thin veneer of ice….

nice to get out though ;D

and kudos to the chap/chappess who was riding through the slop yesterday on a road bike shod in gp4000s (going by the tread)

timmys

Yep, bit water logged here too.

timbog160

Just finished my first ride of the year – a short local loop. Nicely firm going!

Alex

Alex, your bottom picture…is it taken up by the Much Marcle tv mast, looking down on the A449 ?

It is. Well a bit lower down on Welsh Court road but yes that’s the A449. We live about 3 mins ride from where I took the pic. My most-hated run is to the transmitter (well past it). It’s a big blooming hill!

jonm81

Quick spin around Poole and Bournemouth today. It was a tad cold.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I should’ve taken some bog snorkelling gear, would’ve been a right laugh.

142048195_146814333919841_5077975347880119491_n

convert

Someone stole the loch so no Sup. Never mind a dram and a ride through the woods it was.

white101

Absolutely freezing cold out there today, still plenty snow up near Consett but the route down through Stanley is heavy with large frozen sections and made life fun. Poor glove choice today but the overshoes worked a treat.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CKbquGrgkOK/

singlespeedstu

Still unable to ride so another walk with Mrsstu.
    Checked out some trails in the woods ready for when I’m back on the bike though so not too much of a waste of time.
    Big Moon.

MrSparkle

mahalo

got some fresh pow yesterday morning…

today was great too. all the snow from saturday well trampled and frozen over night = speedy moors!!

hardtailonly

Sunrise ride this morning. Frosty trails, fine out in the open, crusty on top and sloppy underneath under the trees …
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CKbI8WxlHQn/?igshid=1kv4faornckbq

ogden
    Free Member

First proper ride in 3 months and first proper ride on the ebike since I got it.

Riding

Sandwich

@sirromj Start in Needham and up to Wattisham Taxis?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Local Rides For Local People (Weekend Pics)’ is closed to new replies.