Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Liz Truss!
  • dazh

Too early? 😂

theotherjonv

What’s she done now?

mashr

As much as I do enjoy a good laugh at Liz Truss, I could do with a bit more info here

dazh

Future PM of course! See the Starmer thread.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

After Boris anything is possible, he has broken the glass ceiling for those with no actual capability.

mashr

Well you’ve ruined it haven’t you – should be “Liz! Truss!” Then we’d know what you’re on about

binners

I, for one, welcome our new pork overlord..

kimbers

Johnson is not fine yet, but this is way more hassle than he wants, so I can see him being a 1 term PM, and if his numbers sink lower for longer the Tories will move swiftly

Truss vs Sunak vs…?

dazh

Truss vs Sunak vs…?

I don’t think we’re ready for a Michael Gove! Thread yet.

kimbers

Fun fact Truss had an affair with fellow tory MP Mark field and told people that he got her pregnant

Gaffes aside she’s v popular with members

kimbers

I don’t think we’re ready for a Michael Gove! Thread yet.

The superinjunction over why he got divorced says he doesn’t want the spotlight

frankconway

She was very popular with mark field’s member…

drlex
    Free Member

She was the perfect local M.P. to open our new engineered timber product factory a few years back, primary output being roof trusses.

BillMC

She divorced him because the slithy Gove did gyre and gimble in the wabe.

Philby

A roof truss has more personality thant her. I hate hearing her monotone speeches with vapid statements and pathetic attempts at jokes.

BillMC

she’s put me right off Baggy Trousers

kelvin

Truss vs Sunak vs…?

While neither are someone I’d want leading the country, my gut says that Truss would be far more likely to lose an election… so I’ll take a year or so of her if it means a route to all the Conservatives ending up out of office.

Caher

she’s put me right off Baggy Trousers

Yep, prefer the darker Madness era.

kormoran
    Free Member

I’m old enough to remember the statesmanlike Theresa May!!

Just when you thought you were scraping the bottom of the barrel, pick it up and there’s always someone underneath. Staggering to see she was elected in 2019 on 69% of the vote with a majority of 26,000. South West Norfolk has been conservative since 1964 although it is interesting to see before that it was very closely contested with regular changes of colour

stanley

Whenever I hear or see her name, I pause for a moment and think, “Apostrophes… hmmm”

argee

I could see Penny Mordaunt having a chance, Truss isn’t exactly what the tory masses would sway towards if they ditched Boris, Rishi Sunak seems a shoe-in though, he has intelligence and is sellable to most, plus his family are so rich they don’t need to get involved in any scandal!

kormoran
    Free Member

Those of a certain vintage will remember the ‘John Major, who’s he?’ moment in their lives. I certainly do.

As a wise man once pointed out, the only thing you can be sure of in life is that it won’t turn out the way you expect.

Personally I think it would be foolish to rule out Gove from the equation. Sunak gives me a Hesaltine vibe – not in political terms, but in an heir anointed sort of way. And we know how that panned out

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Liz Truss!’ is closed to new replies.