• This topic has 62 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by mit78.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Liteville build thread
  • stevied
    Free Member

Seems to be a lot of interest in LV’s at the moment so how’s about a build thread?
    Here’s mine:

Frame: Large 601 Mk2
    Fork: Rockshox Lyrik RC2DH @ 170mm
    Wheels: Hope Pro3AM4 + WTB KOM i25/DT350
    Gears: Shimano Saint mech/XTR shifter 1 x 10
    Chainset: XTR M970 + AB 32T Oval ring (custom tab covers)
    Seatpost: Thomson Dropper
    Bars/Stem/Grips: Thomson 50mm/Reverse Components RC810DH Carbon/RaceFace Half Nelson
    Saddle: Prologo X Zero II
    Extras: Syntace SCS guide/Variospin headset/Megalock seatpost clamp/Rockguard/Seatpost shim

Weight: 31lb inc pedals.

bobbyspangles

nice.pimp chain

220si
    Free Member

Not got any pics of mine but will get some as soon as I get out on it.

Frame: Medium 601 Mk2 with Vivid R2C air
    Fork: 2016 Rockshox Lyrik 170mm
    Wheels: F 27.5 Stans, R 26
    Seatpost: Reverb Stealth with shim
    Brakes: Saint M820
    Groupset: XTR/XT mix
    Tyres: F Maxxis Shorty, R Schwalbe Rock Razor
    Finishings: Raceface grips, Syntace Megaforce 2, SixC 785 bars, Syntace Variospin, Syntace seat clamp, Syntace rockgaurd, Syntace X Bit, Carbon Rockguardz
    Pedals: Vaults

Weight: Circa 30-31lb but not accurately weighed

boltonjon

[url=https://flic.kr/p/AD8KVK]LV11[/url] by boltonjon, on Flickr

First built up in May 2012

Frame: XXL 301 Mk10 with Fox X2 (fitted since the photo was taken)
    Fork: 2014 BOS Deville TRC 160mm
    Wheels: 26″ Lightbicycle 38mm laced to Hope hubs
    Seatpost: Reverb
    Brakes: XT
    Groupset: Saint/XT mix – 1 x 10 with Hope 40t expander
    Tyres: F Maxxis Minion Supertacky, R Maxxis High Roller Dual Ply
    Finishings: ODI grips, Thompson 50mm stem, Renthal Fatbars,
    Pedals: XT SPD

About 31.5 lbs

Lots of dents, scratches and heel rub but i love it – bloomin’ marvelous bike! 🙂

stevied
    Free Member

Fork: 2016 Rockshox Lyrik 170mm

How are you finding the Lyriks? I’m hoping to go 27.5″ front (a6″ rear) soon and they are at the top of the list at the moment..(probably get some Syntace 40/35MX wheels)

ndthornton
    Free Member

Oh go on then….finished in August so I think it still counts

301 Mk10 Frame with PUSH’d Fox RP23
    Pike Solo RCT3
    Easton EC70 Carbon hoops
    XX1 Cranks and chain and X01 Cassette
    XTR Mech, shifter and brakes
    Absolute Black oval, 30T, direct mounter
    KS Supernatural Dropper and Gobi Saddle
    Thompson carbon Bars and Hope 50mm stem
    Hope BB and Superstar Nano pedals

It rocks

ferrit
    Free Member

MK11 XL frame in 160mm mode with Fox CTD
    Marzocchi 55 RC3Ti
    Hope Pro II on Stans Flow 26″
    XT Brakes
    XTR cranks
    XT drivetrain
    Straitline Silentguide
    Hope Stem
    Nukeproof Bars
    WTB Rocket Saddle
    Syntace post

Absolutely love it.

220si
    Free Member

Stevied – They feel good, probably need to bed in slightly as they didn’t feel as supple as my Pikes

Coped with drops and downhills well today and don’t seem dive much but maybe had a lot of LSC, running 80psi with no tokens.

I don’t think negatives are too bad as they are only slightly heavier than the Pikes.

I did feel the bike was a bit of slog uphill but the shock is set up towards slack and with the 26 rear wheel I might need some positive

Heres a pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/220Si/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0030.jpg%5B/IMG

snaps
    Free Member

rob2
    Free Member

No pics, but….

301 mk11
    xtr cranks
    150mm pikes
    1×10 xt kit
    Xt brakes
    American Classic wheels
    Reverb
    Carbon haven bars

Think it weighs about 28lbs.

Oh, and a downtube dent – pretty standard on a liteville it seems!

wiggles
    Free Member

Some nice bikes but some very dodgy scales on this thread 😉

220si
    Free Member

Thanks Snaps, how come my picture link didn’t work??

They do feel very light for such a burly bike, but using bathroom scales mine weighed 13.5kg – just under 30lb add 1lb and at 31lb I’m pretty happy with that.

Most of the components have come from me carbon lapierre and that weighed circa 28/29lb. The Liteville has bigger heavier Lyriks and the frame is aluminium.

Just got tinker with setup to make it climb better. Possibly need a longer reverb due to the minimum insertion my 100mm is slightly short.

thepodge
    Free Member

Loving the look of the first one but can get over the odd looks of the nadcatcher link on the others

bobbyspangles

lovely looking builds there

chickenman

build is 160 Pike, 650b front, 26″ rear Syntace wheelset, XTR and Mallet DH pedals.
    I am finding it impossible to post pictures up; have managed in the past. 🙁

stewartc
    Free Member

Bookmarking. Thinking of replacing my Mach6 frame and forks in the new year and a 601/Lyrics combination is definitely a contender.

rob2
    Free Member

Does anyone know if you can get the new duo chain stays to retrofit to a mk11 frame?

noltae
    Free Member

I agree – some sick bikes – good work …

P20

[url=https://flic.kr/p/mCvjRX]Liteville 301[/url] by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

Mk11 frame in large, 140mm plates
    Pikes at 160mm
    Xtr shifters and front mech, rest xt.
    Chris King bb
    King wheels on Ryde enduro
    Hope Tech 4 brakes
    Reverb stealth

Rob, mine is running 40/28 rings. You can’t run the syntace chain device with this set up though. I think the biggest is 38 outer

hamishthecat
    Free Member

[img]http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz12/hthecat/PICT0032_zpsqtfhljmw.jpg[/img]

Mk11 Large with Marzocchi NCR350 Ti forks (160mm) and 160mm plates.
    SLX levers and rear caliper, Saint front.
    XTR 1×10 shifter with 11-42 rear cassette and One-Up expander; 32t Hope NW front ring with BBG bash guard, Hope chain guide and the Syntace lower guide (overkill). Raceface Next carbon cranks on which I re-bonded the pedal inserts and they’ve been fine ever since.
    Front wheel Jalco 650b off a Commencal – moderate quality cheddar rim, rear 26″ Syncros 32mm rim. 2.35 Mk1 Nobby Nic front (rubbish), 2.4 Fat Albert rear (great).
    Syntace Vector 740mm bars on Syntace Megaforce 2 40mm stem.
    Reverb Stealth arriving next week.
    Downtube protector made from a piece of shed gutter down pipe. (Swanky carbon ones for sale on German Ebay at the moment – about £10).

New shed needed. 🙂

P20

Forgot to add that mines now got a rock guard carbon protector on the down tube

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Does anyone know if you can get the new duo chain stays to retrofit to a mk11 frame?

I think I have seen something that says the Mk12 rockers are different but I could be wrong – I’d like to know the answer too.

P20

Oops 😳
    Misread robs post….. 😳 😆

butterbean
    Free Member

@hamishthecat – can you share some experiences of the Marz fork? My brother really fancies this model for his new bike.

augustuswindsock

funnily enough I was just looking at the lv website, I’ve got a mk11 with 160mm travel, I love it but I find I’m a bit overbiked for most of my riding, I was fancying getting the 120 mm rockers and a lighter 120 mm fork and then switching between travel depending on where im riding. however the website says there’s only the option of 140-160 rockers, despite the fact you can still get a 120 full build?
    so are there any 120mm mk 11 rockers out there?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

@hamishthecat – can you share some experiences of the Marz fork? My brother really fancies this model for his new bike

Just posted on your other thread.

welshfarmer

rob2. Not possible to get them apparently according to the German Forums. Well, not strictly true, but it seems the price of the Duo chain stays is the same as a complete MK12 frame :-/

Unless someone knows different??

welshfarmer

MK11 in Large
    150 pikes up front with standard Fox out back. 160 rockers in photo but now running 140s
    150mm reverb stealth
    Running 27.5/26 Fr/Rr
    Drive train is XT cranks and pedals and X9 rear mech with X0 shifters. 11/42 1×10
    Brakes are Zee front with a slx caliper out back.
    Cockpit is 785 Funn bars and 45mm Funn stem
    Fabric saddle

boltonjon

Best photo yet Welshfarmeer

easygirl

Grass needs cutting welshfarmer

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

The only way to upstage a pic of a 301 in the mountains is probably a pic of two 301s in the mountains 🙂

Mine’s the XL on the right in this shot. Taken on the first big day out with the new toy, last year.

Mk11 XL with 160 rear
    160 Pike RCT3
    Syntace W35 MX wheelset, Tubeless
    XT Brakes and XT 2×10 drivetrain
    150mm Stealth Reverb
    SQ Labs saddle
    Syntace No9 Titan pedals
    Syntace mech guard and Syntace chain device
    Syntace Megaforce2 30mm stem
    Syntace Vector carbon 760mm bars

ads678

Sorry Ecky-Thump, as nice as your photo is, it needs bigger mountains to upstage Welshfarmers photo.

P20

[url=https://flic.kr/p/xRALHu]Untitled[/url] by ritcheyp20, on Flickr
    Mont Blanc

welshfarmer

Snap 🙂

PS I forgot to add that mine has the variospin headset with -1.5 degrees so I think is running 64.5 head angle. No wonder it flops about a bit going up the steeps

boltonjon

An old photo with an earlier build…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/BqTwba]Liteville fort[/url] by boltonjon, on Flickr

stewartc
    Free Member

Apart from the shock mounting is there any other major differences between a Mk2 and Mk3 601?

Genuine question, as weighing up the options and there are some Mk2’s frames out there going for great prices, if some German web sites are to be trusted.

stevied
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure the main difference is that they’ve put some welded bump stops on the headtube for running TC forks.

stewartc
    Free Member

One last question Steve, did your frame come with the Syntace chain-stay mounted chain guide or do you have to order it separately?

welshfarmer

Generally they are optional extras and relatively expensive. The poly bush also wears out quite quickly and needs replacing at 25 euros a pop

stevied
    Free Member

Had to buy separate but it’s a great piece of kit, works really well and looks much neater than any other chain device.
    Thinks it’s about EU125.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Liteville build thread’ is closed to new replies.