Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lion o Morfe – shut down?
  • aP
    Free Member

The pub near Claverley? Has it gone?
    Any recommendations for pleasant lunch with elderly parents somewhere near Bridgnorth please.

Pickers

Had some good meals at The Danery at Quatford, couple of miles out on the Kidderminster road

sargey

Take them to the cider house at quat,after a couple of ours they won’t care about food.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Take the A456 South 15 mins by car to The Cat, Enville. Best beer in the world IMO, top food, good price. Had a cycle from their car park last week, an old haunt of mine where I cut my teeth MTBing on the 90s.

Booking advised, its popular.

Closer to Bridgnorth always had a nice family-type roast ( all courses!) at Kings Arms, Claverley, but its been a while.

sargey

Was in the cat at enville on sat afternoon,stopped off on the way back from llandegla.It was quite busy untill 8 middle aged blokes in bright clothing turned up full of a great days riding.
    Pork pies,beer,some swearing and lots of tut tutting.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

A458, sorry.

8 middle aged blokes in bright clothing turned up full of a great days riding.
    Pork pies,beer,some swearing and lots of tut tutting.

They have pork pies? Grrrr, missed that detail 🙂 I was cycling there on Friday eve, in civvies and quietly absorbing a packet of pork scratchings. Must admit I like to avoid that stretch of the A458 (and many others) as consider it unsafe for cyclists, I grew up thereabouts and cycled regularly from the 80s to recent times, it is much more dangerous now IMO. Luckily there are plenty towpaths, lanes and bridleways for MTBrs to get there.

mattmbk
    Free Member

The Woodbridge Inn Coalport near Ironbridge has just reopened following a million quid plus refurb and is rather good, nice food, good selection of beer and great view of the river. My parents visit fairly regularly so it must be reasonable value as the old man is notoriously careful with his pension.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lion o Morfe – shut down?’ is closed to new replies.