Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Like a mud-X but biggerer.
  • jam-bo

Got a set in 2.0 for the hardtail but could do with a bit more volume for the bigger bike.

Any suggestions?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Specialized storm DH are 2.3″ afaik

thepurist

Panaracer CG soft condition comes in at 2.35 IIRC, tread looks similar to a MudX but I aint not never ridden the Panaracers so can’t tell you if they’re as good.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Spesh Storm Controls 2.0 are in fact bigger volume than Mud X’s but with a very similar tread. I have used both, and much prefer the Storms. To the point I’m looking forward to putting them on and getting out in the wet winter mud.

dantsw13

Geax Datura from On- One. £15 2.25 and UST too.

rewski
    Free Member

these any good?

Northwind

Conti Baron seems the obvious one. It’s not actually like a Mud X, but it does the job you’d want a bigger Mud X to do- ie, be great at mud, but with a load more grip in other conditions, and more volume. Ace.

XC muds tend to be narrow and spiky, that doesn’t scale up too well, it’s quite a limiting format- dh spikes are pretty job-specific.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Big earl?

jeffskowski
    Free Member

rewski – Member
    these any good?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-2x-conti-rubber-queen-2x-geax-datura-tyres 🙂

Daturas worked really well for me last winter but new frame means they are too big for me now. Big volume, tough tire with very good grip. In fact they were pretty great all round in all conditions.

apologies for the thread-jack 😳

Frankers
    Free Member

Or you could try Geax Gato which roll faster than the Datura

Try On One to see if they have any cheapies in

Nobby

Dirty Dans?

kja78
    Free Member

As per wilko, storm controls in 2.0 are bigger than mud X and far more pleasant to ride on.

stevede
    Free Member

jam bo – I tried a cut down 2.35 dirty dan freeride casing at grogley woods (down near Victoria off the a30 if you don’t know it) last night and it was class. Wouldn’t fancy it out of the woods because of the drag although it was no issue on the fire road climbs to be fair.

arj256
    Free Member
    orena45

thepurist – Member
    Panaracer CG soft condition comes in at 2.35 IIRC, tread looks similar to a MudX but I aint not never ridden the Panaracers so can’t tell you if they’re as good.

Wiggle are doing a BOGOF on these at the movement.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Like a mud-X but biggerer.’ is closed to new replies.