Viewing 11 posts - 241 through 251 (of 251 total)
  • 'Lifestyle' vehicles. Am I missing something?
  • Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

They do not lend out money they receive. They create money first and then this becomes a deposit

kinda the point, I think, although my degree in economics might actually have been the biggest load of bollix

(edit: i always suspected it was)

Yak

Right now a basic old combi van does us as a family just fine. We camp and transport bikes a lot so it’s hard to see past it. The make is neither here or there to me. But it is a T5, so I suspect falls into the ‘lifestyle vehicle’ category. It’s not customised. No one waves at me. I’m fairly certain it’s not ‘scene’.

But once the kids have grown up and moved out, then I reckon we will go for a camper. I hope we still have enough oomph by then to still be riding/racing and reckon the comfort of a decent bed might be just the thing after we’ve dragged our aged bodies around another mudfest course somewhere. But it won’t be a California or anything like that. It will have to be something custom for us, based on whatever is deemed to be the most reliable panel van base at the time. LWB too, as I don’t reckon you can fit enough into SWB. Maybe some modular bits and pieces so it can be configured for winter or summer use.

This also might be pie in the sky and cost too much. If so a bell-tent with a stove in it might be just the thing to keep us camping/biking in the winter.

mickmcd
    Free Member

are electric vehicles a lifestyle vehicle?

scotroutes

I’m fairly certain it’s not ‘scene’.

You had me until

a bell-tent with a stove in it

🙂

Well done.

Yak

😀 damn, rumbled.

I’m just daydreaming about the ideal Strathpuffer set-up for a pairs race in a few years time. Reality is that it is probably a gazebo with sides on and a portable gas heater at best.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

are electric vehicles a lifestyle vehicle?

All vehicles are a lifestyle choice, whether they generate as much hate/envy/ridicule as a T5 is another thing….

benp1

If someone can sell me the dream where you use a campervan with 2 adults, 2 children (5+6) and 2 big dogs, and have enough space to live in, please do it. I’d happily buy into it, although the wife might take some convincing

Right now the thought of all of us sharing a space half the size of my living room isn’t so good (I know it’s not always like that, but I’m working on the deal-with-the-rain set up)

I do actually want one, but the dogs/kids combo make it very tricky!

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

How does a plug in hybrid T5 sound?

scotroutes

Depends if it’s running on electric motor or internal combustion engine.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

ba-dum-tsch!

dmorts

If someone can sell me the dream where you use a campervan with 2 adults, 2 children (5+6) and 2 big dogs, and have enough space to live in, please do it. I’d happily buy into it, although the wife might take some convincing

Right now the thought of all of us sharing a space half the size of my living room isn’t so good (I know it’s not always like that, but I’m working on the deal-with-the-rain set up)

I do actually want one, but the dogs/kids combo make it very tricky!

Want you want is a motorhome… And probably from a continental manufacturer as UK ones seem focused on retiree couples, rather than active families.

If you’re planning on buying a professionally converted camper, a much larger motorhome could be similar money

Also there are these guys in the US ->Outside Van. Sort of halfway between a camper and motorhome, and way cooler.

Viewing 11 posts - 241 through 251 (of 251 total)

The topic ‘'Lifestyle' vehicles. Am I missing something?’ is closed to new replies.