Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Life of Pi, and I've just got it! SPOILER
  • headfirst
    Free Member

I saw it last week and didn’t think much to it but it’s just hit me – it’s a metaphor for married life, innit?
    Two characters sharing the same space, one could quite happily kill the other, they survive through bad times but at the end one walks away without even looking back…

I tried to talk to SHMBO about it but she just growled at me.

funkrodent

Haven’t seen film, but have read book. Superb with a jaw dropping twist at the end that I’m told is more or less ignored in the film.

Metaphor for married life? Not sure, though being stuck in a confined space with a tiger, a chimp and a recalcitrant zebra is certainly a metaphor for family life.. 😀

boltonjon

Awesome book and awesome film

Read the book 5 years ago, and my memory is a little hazy, but i believe the end was true to the book

monkeyboyjc

one of the worst books ive had the misfortune to read – hense to say i wont be watching the film.

nealglover
    Free Member

Haven’t seen film, but have read book. Superb with a jaw dropping twist at the end that I’m told is more or less ignored in the film.

Were you told that by someone who hadn’t seen the film ???

gonefishin
    Free Member

Yeah as far as I remember it’s the same ending. The question is which version of the story (life) do you prefer?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Life of Pi, and I've just got it! SPOILER’ is closed to new replies.