• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lidl inflatable tent
  • dyna-ti

Lidl has jumped on the bandwagon, but if their usual quality is anything to go by, bring a puncture repair kit.
    https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/outdoor-essentials/crivit-inflatable-4-person-tent/p41606
    Looks not bad sized though, nice wee porch.
    But I’ve bought crivit stuff before, like their rucksack with ripped on its first use.

Seems the narrative is stay or holiday in Britain, rather than outwith. Might suggest the current plans by the government levying taxation and charges and keeping people in quarantine is a ploy to make people stay here, and more importantly spend your money here.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Any colours other than blue n yellow?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

It’ll last about as long as a chocolate fire guard & be less useful. You’ll end up throwing it away after one use – which will be a nice bit of plastic pollution….

Get a decent tent – one that’ll last longer than a W/e & won’t end up in landfill on Monday AM.

duncancallum

Seen abandoned in a field with a load of empty fosters cans near you soon…..

winston
    Free Member

“Seems the narrative is stay or holiday in Britain, rather than outwith. Might suggest the current plans by the government levying taxation and charges and keeping people in quarantine is a ploy to make people stay here, and more importantly spend your money here.”

And thats a bad thing because?

dyna-ti

You tel me Mr Winston, you tell me 😕

Seen abandoned in a field with a load of empty fosters cans near you soon…..

My thoughts exactly.

Northwind

Dead link? Can’t find it on their website now either. All already bought up and stuck on ebay?

TBH Crivit is a nothing brand, I’ve had some Crivit kit that’s been absolutely brilliant but some is obviously crap, it’s pretty hard to know til you have it in hand

CountZero

You tel me Mr Winston, you tell me

Well, for starters there’s the desperate state our home tourism industry is in, then there’s the fact that many other countries are currently struggling with rising numbers of Covid cases, and on top of that, having by some miracle been allowed back into the U.K., you then have to quarantine for a further ten days.
    Dunno about you, but that seems like a piss-poor way to spend a holiday, when there’s so much our own has to offer.
    If my late partners sister can’t come into the country from America for her funeral at the end of this month, why should a bunch of entitled bloody tourists think they should have an exemption?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

You’ll end up throwing it away after one use

I think you’ll find that’s 90% of camping gear regardless of quality. The best tent can’t fix camping not being as fun (or cheap) as most people imagine.

ElShalimo

In your opinion 🤦

dyna-ti

Dead link? Can’t find it on their website now either. All already bought up and stuck on ebay?

I see that 😕 dunno what happened, was working earlier. Anyway, heres a link to the story in the daily record.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/lifestyle/money/lidl-launches-new-camping-range-23867972

At least theres a pic.

Dunno about you, but that seems like a piss-poor way to spend a holiday, when there’s so much our own has to offer.

Doesnt usually affect me, being in Scotland, and me preferring to wild camp, where it’s peeing the woods and a hike to the nearest pub for dinner.
    Was thinking about a trip to the Netherlands, bit of cycling, been there a dozen times but not for the last 20 years.

But others do like to go to the continent, and not some fleabitten Morecambe b&b that’s half dhss hostel. And yes those old holiday centers are run down, but who’s fault is that if not the public’s and nobody was stopping anyone choosing them as a destination.
    But I’d rather not be forced to choose them as a destination, at least not until the central government and local councils have invested in their infrastructure, instead of flowers for the town center at minimum cost.
    We cant be expected to roll back the clock to the 50’s,60’s and 70’s.

You can have any colour so long as it is black is no choice at all 😕
    Or it could be that I just dont like being told or directed as to where i should have a break after this very long year.
    Certainly when it comes to infection, many popular destinations for UK holidaymakers are still popular choices for other continental holidaymakers, who seem more than happy to go to them.

petefromearth

My sister has a big Vango airbeam tent

I have the equivalent tent with normal poles

Having helped her put hers up several times I can’t work out what the advantage is supposed to be. Takes forever to pump the things up, either faffing about with an electric pump, or doing it manually which is knackering. On the last occasion, one of them had a leak so the tent wouldn’t stay up without, er, a pole.

I definitely wouldn’t trust a cheap Lidl knock off to be more reliable!

mrlebowski
    Free Member

think you’ll find that’s 90% of camping gear regardless of quality

Really??

Then you’re buying shite gear – no offence, but it’s a false economy to buy cheap tat & expect it to last. I’ve got gear from when I was serving that’s still perfectly functiinable.

The best tent can’t fix camping not being as fun (or cheap) as most people imagine.

Some of my most memorable & enjoyable experiences have been when it’s all got a bit type 2. But yeah, I think a lot of folks do think camping is all Instagram by a gorgeous alpine lake with cold beer & a roaring fire – the reality is more like a damp fell in a hoolie eating boilies & sipping single malt..

joshvegas
    Free Member

Some of my most memorable & enjoyable experiences have been when it’s all got a bit type 2

The old “nudge nudge, wake up, its your turn to hold this pole in place and maintain the structural integrity while I get some sleep”

or the

“you push the wall of the tent out so it doesn’t end up on those flames while I prepare some luke warm food as the last of the fuel fizzles to nothing”

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Really??

The first is entirely a result of the second. Its like exercise bikes, lots and lots of people who buy them, use them once then throw it in the tip in 10 years time (or the eve of their next family camping outing when they discover they put it away wet last year)

I actually quite like a night or three under a tarp here and there and as a practical consideration camping is often the best option but it is not what a lot of people remember/romanticise from when they were kids or what they see on Instagram etc.

TheBrick
    Free Member

think you’ll find that’s 90% of camping gear regardless of quality

Really??

Then you’re buying shite gear – no offence, but it’s a false economy to buy cheap tat & expect it to last. I’ve got gear from when I was serving that’s still perfectly functiinable.

I think the poster is probably correct, and btw they never said they chucked out kit or only used the kit once or twice but but that 90% of people do.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.