Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LH seal blown out on revs while on holiday – any suggestions?
  • lorax

The left hand seal on the old RS Revelations on my son’s bike just popped off while riding around the garden – sounds just like in this thread from a couple of years ago. I’ve popped it back in but it has blown again.

Unfortunately we just arrived in Norway on holiday, and I’m dubious that we’re going to be able to get them fixed while we’re here. Does anyone have any suggestions for a bodge that might keep them going until we get home?

br
    Free Member

Take them apart and take a look, only takes basic tools.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.sram.com/find-dealer/distributors/
    Not 3rd world then.
    If you can’t get anywhere this link and some Google /emailing should get you somewhere that will have spares and or a lbs to fit them.

lorax

Thanks guys – I guess that means there’s unlikely to be a simple bodge then 🙂

Forks completely mystify me and I’ve never taken a pair apart, but I guess I’ve got nothing to lose. It’s very definitely not third world here, but we’re in a pretty rural area and Oslo is about 8 hours drive away! We were hoping to go to Oppdal, so that may be our best bet, but I’ll take a look around to see if there’s anything closer.

boltonjon

Used to happen a lot to a mate of mine. Push them back in and use lots of silicone spray on the stanchion when riding it – it’ll keep you going for the rest of your trip

lorax

Thanks boltonjon – I’ll see if i can get hold of some silicone and give that a go first.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘LH seal blown out on revs while on holiday – any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.