Home Forums Bike Forum Level dropper from Ribble – any experiences

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Level dropper from Ribble – any experiences
  • velocipede
    Free Member

Anyone tried one of these? They’re very cheap – how do they stack against the BX Ascend?

Kieran

Absolutley dreadful…

One came on my Ribble TiHT which i’ve had now for nearly 18months. In that time the release assebly dissassembled itself, locking the post down mid-ride. The sealing cap keeps coming loose despite having locktite on. I’m pretty sure the manufactuing tolerances are just so poor (like the bike sadly) that the cap is just too lose to stay in place.

Even when new it had quite a bit of play that got a lot worse. Despite stripping it completly down, cleaning and regreasing it, its now very rough to operate.

I returned it to Ribble to try to replace under warranty but they said it was all within specification and refused.

Sadly I would avoid anything with the Ribble name on it.

hooli

Pleased I spotted this thread, I was tempted at the price. Think I’ll stick with BrandX.

P20

If you need a cheap lever. Search ztto on ali-express or ebay. Works great, better than brand x

velocipede
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback – Brand x in the CRC mega sale it is then…..

chakaping

Bontrager Line Elite lever is the other nice cheap alternative, along with ZTTO.

:)

nickfrog
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback – Brand x in the CRC mega sale it is then…..

If you want a 150mm, the Fox Transfer on CRC is cheaper at £100. And it comes with a MM remote for which you’ll just need a £5 clamp.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.