Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • lets see your sub 7kg road bikes
  • njee20
    Free Member

Once I cut the rear brake cable and steerer down this was 13.9lbs (ex pedals, I use P1s, so that’s quite a handicap!)

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GkJEso]Untitled[/url] by njee20, on Flickr

DengFu FM208
    Dura Ace 9070 Di2 groupset
    FarSports/Tune wheels (1320g)
    Carbon bits

tpbiker
    Free Member

I just knew njee would be along shortly with some featherweight

Doesnt your mountain bike almost qualify if i remember!

njee20
    Free Member

18.9 (with pedals) was the lightest that got sadly! Portly frame though. The new 800g S-Works frame would save over a pound! Sadly I just don’t ride enough to justify them any more 🙁

Even the Chinese bike felt extravagant!

tpbiker
    Free Member

Yeah any frame that can barely get below 19lbs must have been made of pig iron 😉

I cant help but feel weight saving on an mtb can be a bit of a false economy. I saved 200g by going with a ralph on the front…oh my..its lethal…

Thats what I like about roadbikes…weight loss with very little compromise

njee20
    Free Member

A Ralph?! Winter tyres, you need Thunder Burts 😉

It’s a 1350g frame, which is pretty portly! You are right though, even Surrey Hills trails have changed markedly in the last 5 years and I do kinda want something bouncier most of the time. As you say, on the road there aren’t really negatives, within reason!

MrSmith
    Free Member

I wouldn’t swap any of the bikes posted for my 8kg plus pegoretti apart from maybe the Waterford (to swap the bits over!)
    Bikes are for riding not weighing and posting on the internet, I bet half those posted are not that nice to ride, I get the point for racing and hill climbs but being a weight weenie just looks like an exercise in frustration as somebody will always have a lighter bike.

njee20
    Free Member

I love mine, feels brilliant. Nothing was chosen purely for weight, can’t speak for any others.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Yeah my 7.3lb canyon could easy lose half a kilo without any issues and rides like a dream.

Dont see why a light roadbike would be any less nice to ride than a heavier one. The opposite in fact, the heavier bikes ive tried arent nearly as nice

njee20
    Free Member

Totally agree! I can imagine flexy 900g tub wheels, full carbon saddles and downtube shifters being a bit unpleasant, maybe. But there’s nothing crazy on here, just nice bikes.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

7.1kg pre-power meter.
    All old-tech kit, comparatively speaking, and either bought as NOS, or in sales.
    Storck Scenario CD0.9 frame and fork
    Hope RS5.0SP tub wheels
    Full Dura-Ace 7900 excepting cassette which was SRAM red hollow, and now PM replacing DA crankset.
    Easton EC90 seatpin
    Easton EA70 stem
    Zipp SLC2 bars
    Fizik Antares 00 saddle (for sale, £120)
    Look Keo carbon/ti pedals.
    Nice to ride, don’t see many of them about.
    Flickr won’t let me upload a pic

TiRed

Sorry to upset you mrSmith, but my Defy replaced my Merlin Cyrene, which I absolutely loved. The Defy is a better handling, stiffer, more comfortable and lighter bike. It just lacks the lovely engraved titanium tubing. I miss that bike 🙁

Decided to ride the 9 kilo steel frame fixed wheel road bike tomorrow. There is a lighter fixed road bike in my future. I’ve thought about a Peg, but the defy is just too nice a ride to justify now.

mboy
    Free Member

This was just under 7kg (pedals, cages, Garmin mount and sensor included) before it got dismantled…

None of it crazy light parts, Wilier Zero 7 frame and fork in Large (55.5cm), SRAM Red eTap groupset (with Ultegra 11-28 cassette), Reynolds Assault tubeless wheels (with 25c Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless tyres), FSA carbon bar/stem, Ritchey carbon post, Pro carbon saddle, Look Keo carbon pedals etc.

Could quite easily have lost 400g or more by going for silly lightweight stuff, but at 13st and a fairly hard rider (read hard on kit, rather than fast) and prioritising aero (to a point) over weight, I was pleased enough with the (just) UCI legal weight given it was built to take some abuse too…

beej

I wouldn’t swap any of the bikes posted for my 8kg plus pegoretti apart from maybe the Waterford (to swap the bits over!)
    Bikes are for riding not weighing and posting on the internet, I bet half those posted are not that nice to ride

I wouldn’t swap mine for a Pegoretti, but I’d be very very happy to own one as well! They’re lovely bikes.

I’ve done a week of eight hour days on terrible roads on mine – there had been a storm that had thrown mud, rocks and debris all over the place. It’s been set up for long rides so not a particularly aggressive position. It’s just as comfortable/more comfortable as/than my other road bikes.

Still, how about a 2013 Scott CR1 for the Pegoretti?

MrSmith
    Free Member

Still, how about a 2013 Scott CR1 for the Pegoretti?

Absolutely not, the only compressed resin and fibre bike I fancy would be something like a Sarto or Casati. Italian tube to tube custom over something popped out of a mould for me.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘lets see your sub 7kg road bikes’ is closed to new replies.