Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)
  • Let's see your rigid bikes…
  • pictonroad

Universally loathed by everyone, I alternate between love and hate depending on the hammering I’m getting from the trail at that time.

kerley
    Free Member

thewilllinton
    Free Member

My only MTB, managed to get 4th at Big Dog on it. Keep on debating whether to give my hands a rest and get some suspension.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/wDCTVy]Rigid bike[/url] by william linton, on Flickr

singlespeedstu

I’ve always been slightly envious of this bike, by far one of the best looking I’ve seen for a long time

I wouldn’t be too evious if I were you.
    The handling is, well kind of dangerousinteresting. 😉

[url=https://flic.kr/p/8vxCju]stu 29 high roller3 (1)[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

That was his third and last attempt to build me a frame.
    I think the first two are in a bin somewhere…

fin25
    Free Member

guitarhero
    Free Member

Another Stooge

fin25
    Free Member

I think I want a Stooge…

sillyoldman

psycorp – nope. I’ll post a pic of my SS GF Superfly carbon with Niner forks when I figure out how. Oh – and after I’ve actually taken a pic of it….

sillyoldman

Old pic with some duffer on it.

Still can’t post pics – nor links to pics it seems…

scandal42
    Free Member

Need to get a better pic really

cheekyget
    Free Member

Shackleton

A bit out of date (cranks and tyres have changed) but still doing good service. Trying to shake the 29+ bug though…..

dovebiker

29+ and general all-round trail-slayer

5″ fatbike

forzafkawi
    Free Member

Old Genesis iO replaced by my dream bike which took me three years to source:

Now I want a Krampus! (as well) :o)

jameso

Ned, it was on the Camino Frances in Spain. Great route if you like trail graffiti.

nedrapier

😀 Same guy all along, is it?

shandcycles
    Free Member

Now with Jones bars.

clunker

My Sola….

seadog101

Not as fantastic as many of the bikes here, but I’ve put this together for DaughterSeadog who is heading off to Uni. Created out of a Carrera Valour frame, Mosso forks, bits and pieces bought cheap, things swapped of other bikes, and things in the parts bin.

Painted badly so as not to attract too much tea leaf interest. Yes I know the front mudguard is a bit too far off the wheel, but thats the best we could do without silly amounts of bodge.

Rides very nicely.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Not wanting to be left out…Ragley Big Wig in current rigid set up with possibly the ugliest forks known to man.
    Rides great though.

I know…steerer, brake hoses, end plugs, grass etc etc

thepodge
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – I wouldn’t be too evious if I were you.

Might handle rubbish but still looks good

coomber
    Free Member

Liking the bigwig!

Dyffers
    Free Member

(Bad mobile phone pic of) Niner Air9:

willjones
    Free Member

My Swift, just before putting me in a swamp, and tearing my legs off on Weds. It’s a love/hate thing.

Clink

[/img]

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

coomber – Member
    Liking the bigwig!

yes, it’s a bit portly but a bit underrated – don’t think they made them for very long for some reason, but pretty flexible frame if set up appropriately. Slack enough with a long travel fork for some fun downhill, but not too bad XC either.

DezB
    Free Member

So I’ve got this IO –

And I was going to retire it as bought a cheap 29er and it does the job better (dog walks, trips to shops etc)… then I find the trailer’s connecting arms don’t reach the axle past the 29er wheel! So the Genesis lives on.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Mainly use mine for commuting these days but still like to do some proper rides on it now & again to remind me how good modern bikes are. This was on a 30 mile Quantocks ride, I usully like to do some of the triscombe d/h runs & the chimney just to make things interesting 😆

xiphon
    Free Member

Orange P7 with 29er forks (as per suggestion by some thread on this very STW)

mobes
    Free Member

jp-t853

A poor photo of my old and missed Cove HJ

My current light tourer Kaffenback with 26×1.75 Land Cruisers which work surprisingly well on and off road

robdob
    Free Member

My gorgeous 94 Kilauea, recently had a full nut and bolt restoration, bought new in 1994 by me. Probably the only possession I have which I will never ever sell and that I would be genuinely upset if it was stolen.

Oh and it rides like a dream too. 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

robdob – recently had a full nut and bolt restoration

V brakes in 1994?

monkeyboyjc

Should get his delivered next week…..

tazzymtb

Might handle rubbish but still looks good

handles brilliantly when you get a james made forks and bar for it rather than slapping a boingy frontage on what it doesnt like 😀

core

My recently purchased 1994 Marin Bobcat Trail:

Rides well, very smooth and feels quite fast, have stuck some semi-slicks on now as it won’t get any proper off road use I don’t think.

SS Genesis iO:

Frame & Pipedream fork off classifieds, parts bin/lbs parts bin/cheap as poss. online for the rest. Being painted or powder coated soon, but not sue what colour – any ideas welcome!

singlespeedstu

handles brilliantly when you get a james made forks and bar for it rather than slapping a boingy frontage on what it doesnt like Mince up and down fireroads looking for attention like a tattooed ladyboy

😛

tazzymtb

😆 love you to stuey baby, you big burly chunk of manliness and you cant comment about my ladyboy antics as you love a bit of tattooed reach-a-round xx

CaptainCrash
    Free Member

frood
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Let's see your rigid bikes…’ is closed to new replies.