Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Les Deux Alpes – route advice please
  • fbk
    Free Member

A group if us are off to Les Deux Alpes this weekend for the mountain of hell. We’ve got a few days of riding before the race so I was wondering if anyone here had ridden there and could recommend some riding in the area?

Are there plenty of decent waymarked routes or is there better stuff off the beaten track?

Any advice much appreciated.

izakimak
    Free Member

http://www.bikes-oisans.com/oisans-trail-mtb-19.html

you can pick one of these route guides up for free from the cable car station at venosc

ianv
    Free Member

Plenty of stuff in the bike park for a weekend. All the blues/reds/ blacks are pretty good from 2600 down. The top lift was closed two weeks ago and will probably only be open for the race as there was still a fair bit of snow around.

fbk
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like there should be plenty to ride without having to try too hard? I was just worried it may be more like Les Arcs where the way-marked routes are very average compared to the “off piste” stuff.

lucien

The red route from les deux alpes resort down to Venosc far from average – steep, loose and some biggish jumps plus a long run.

Some of the reds down from the mid-station back to the resort pretty awesome too.

Woodwork sections on the runs that are on the left as you come into the resort, can be tricky in the dusty dry or wet conditions.

ianv
    Free Member

Deux alpes is the best bike park in the alps. If you do manage to get bored ther is also a massive network of trails at Alp d’huez the other side of the valley.

fbk
    Free Member

Nice one. Thanks guys. Looking forward to this now 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Never made it to Deux Alpes but Alpe D’Huez is well worth a day trip I reckon – more technical natural feeling stuff than ‘bike park’ type riding. The mega course and the qualifier are both really good fun, and there is other good stuff too.

extremenik
    Free Member

They have been busy this week moving snow, so you can ride from the bottom of he glacier down. Thats would allow riding from 3200m, but I don’t no how far they have got!

Even if it isn’t open for riding, the lift is open for snowsports, so if you are doing he Mountain of Hell go and have a look from Jandri lift and get your bearings.

The Red Venosc run is usually used so get some practice in as it is pretty fun when rode fast. Also practice on all runs down from Diable, as they weave down that face too!

The talas from he lake down has been made better over the last couple of years. This is the one you can see as you drive in, weaving down under the chairlift.

Most of the riding is on the map and you will find that ok for a couple of days.

lucien

Oh, and get used to riding braking bumps fast!

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

There is loads of stuff in Les 2 Alps most of which ends up back in the village. It’s a great resort and most of the riding is fast. The Venosc run is steep, fast and very loose. I had a big crash there a couple of years ago but away with it but I have see a few riders carted off it while doing the Freeraid. If you have got a car a visit to the Mega course is worth while.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Les Deux Alpes – route advice please’ is closed to new replies.