• This topic has 1,777 replies, 225 voices, and was last updated 3 days ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 1,778 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • Cougar

There’s a hot air balloon in one of the buildings.

I’m not sure as the greenhouse / garden would be the most exciting of builds, but it’s very pretty.

Northwind

Those are so cool. I just got myself a lego bonsai tree because I finally killed my last houseplant, maybe I should have waited and gone all in

jamj1974

Hopefully this works.

Mosquito MOC

jamj1974

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get Flickr hosted photos to work?

jamj1974
    Cougar

It’s possible but a PITA. @Drac knows IIRC.

I’d just upload it to somewhere that isn’t Flickr. Or just paste the URL rather than worrying about embedding.

jamj1974
    jamj1974
    jamj1974

It seems to work for me.

Cougar

That works. And is pretty cool. (-:

jamj1974

Cheers Cougar. I’ve changed the undercarriage to be more reflective of the instructions – now some more parts have arrived.

whatgoesup

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get Flickr hosted photos to work?

Like this below. From a web browser it’s really easy – just use the “share” button then “BBCode”. Copy & paste the BBCode text directly into the post and bobs your uncle.
    For some reason Flickr have disabled this from the iOS app, and you can’t open the browser version as it forces the app to open. I disabled the app just to get around this as the only reason I use flickr is to share photos on forums!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mE9mz6]Screenshot 2021-10-25 173152[/url] by markwsf, on Flickr

jamj1974

Thank you guys!

whatgoesup

I hope my very nearly 9 yr old kids don’t read STW when I’m not looking … I just ordered two of these ready for Chrimbo – there’s currently a voucher for £40 off BTW.

Toys

They’ve got Lego Boost now which they love but are just outgrowing it as once you’ve built all the pre-configured sets it’s not very flexible for further expansion / development which is annoying them so the time is just right.

zilog6128

^^^ awesome! I had the original Mindstorms years ago, it was cool but quite limited unless you went with 3rd party addons/firmware. The new one can natively be programmed with MicroPython which is great and a useful backdoor into Raspberry Pi/microcontrollers, “proper” robots etc.

peteimpreza

“there’s currently a voucher for £40 off BTW.”

Can you share the voucher details and the retailer please?

zilog6128

@peteimpreza probably JL, code is 200LEGO

Cougar

I had the original Mindstorms years ago

I still have one, the bit yellow set. Might be worth seeing if I can get the IR brick working over Christmas.

tomhoward

For some reason Flickr have disabled this from the iOS app

Just copy the URL into the text box. Forum will do the rest

whatgoesup

Sorry – should have added that info. It’s from the Evil Empire – Amazon, voucher code appears as part of the normal listing. John Lewis appears to have exactly the same offer though – I assume that one has matched the other (If I’d thought about this more I’d much rather have bought via JL).

zilog6128

Discount on the fairly new Seinfeld set already! Tempted, sure it’ll go lower at some point down the line though (like the Friends one eventually did, & I can’t imagine this one being anywhere near as popular)

Alex

Finished the Defender. Was a lot of fun to build.

Lego Defender

Lego Defender

Lego Defender

Lego Defender

And it does not have the creak. All seems to work as well. We decided to display it climbing the DVD recorder as that doesn’t get a lot of use!

Houns

Anyone bought the titanic?

Daffy

Minifig at the bottom for scale.

northernmatt

Anyone bought the titanic?

Nope. As much as I want it we don’t have the space plus the chances are this time next year you’ll be able to get it for £400 from Smyth’s or John Lewis.

Harry_the_Spider

Liking that Shuttle Daffy.

jamj1974

That Imperial Shuttle is excellent!

Cougar

Tyderium?

Daffy

That’s how I think of it @cougar.

I’ve been wanting one for about 10 years but the price of them on the SH market is silly – this one was collect only near to where I live so kept the price (moderately) reasonable.

Still building a massive (1.2m long) Nebulon B Frigate, but it’s a PITA.

zilog6128

Just clocked how massive that shuttle actually is!! I think because it’s a somewhat older set, it lacks the detail of the newer ones so looks smaller than it is at first glance. Still awesome mind!!

I had great fun with the defender, thinking of getting a lighting kit for it.

Currently have my eye in the DC Batwing from the Keaton movie. Anyone got one?

stumpyjon

If you liked the shuttle.

Same wing span as the shuttle, double the length. Rebrickable link

@Daffy
    that wouldn’t be Mortesv’s Nebulon B would it? I fancied having a go at that. Built the my shuttle from instructions and top ups of parts from Brick Owl, had to source a couple of bits from Canada.

scuttler

Wondered what stopped those Imperial Shuttle wings from snapping:

Daffy

@stumpjon – that’s how it started out, but the build and instructions are woeful. There’s loads of bad brick links, stupid flimsy detail and just very bad building techniques. I’ve moved so far away from the instructions now that I’m running out of parts and I’m only on page 500 or 1500.

Build your own. You’ve got the skills.

stumpyjon

I know it’s a bit of a pig of a design due to the long thin centre section. I was a bit put off by the fact some of the parts didn’t seem to exist in the colours required, made me wonder if it had ever been built in anger. Thinking of trying a tie bomber first though.

The Zeta shuttle instructions weren’t bad, I did modify a few bits and put a motor in for the wings lifting, the gears are on the limit of what they can take though due to the weight of the wings.

Superficial
    Free Member

Any advice on where to buy some (mostly Technic) pieces from? I have ~95% of a couple of sets but need some critical pieces to finish them off. I need some specific wheels, some gears and some panels.

creakingdoor
    Free Member

I think Brickowl have a facility to search for parts, or even to set a ‘parts wanted’ list, and I assume it emails you when they are listed as available. I think BrickLink offer the same service (are they the same setup?) but others on here have vastly more knowledge and experience than I.

Daffy
    zilog6128

Direct from Lego for Bricks:

that is a service for ordering missing bricks from official sets – don’t think they even charge for it? Surely if you’re ordering a bunch of parts from different sets they’ll assume you’re taking the piss?!

BrickOwl & Bricklink (different, the latter actually bought out by Lego now!) will let you search for and order individual bricks.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,121 through 1,160 (of 1,778 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.