• This topic has 1,794 replies, 226 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by nixie.
Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,795 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • Northwind

You know what’s really ostentatious? All those really useful boxes!

stumpyjon

Well they are really useful, the lids clip on and everything.

thered

Not sure if this is allowed but I bought one of the Lambo Sian’s in the Amazon deal last week and have discovered that my wife has got one too. It cost me 200 and I know I can send it back but I wondered does anybody on here want it? I just want to get my money back so if you cover postage and paypal fees then it’s yours.

sweaman2
    Free Member

sweajnr just came back with this from the local library. A full trip down memory lane….

northernmatt

Has anyone bought and built the Mandolorians ship yet?

Any good?

I bought one but only because they are going for stupid money on eBay. Turned an £80 profit on it.

Looked like a good set but I don’t have any other Star Wars stuff for it go with.

grahamt1980

Because someone is an idiot.
    they are going for £67 buy it now on ebay

jonno101
    Free Member

Oh, i’ll take 2 then 😉

diz

Hi, has anyone built the rough terrain Crane 42082? Was it a difficult build?

nre
    Free Member

Yup, I have the 42082. Brilliant build, probably one of the best recent sets, quite complex but I had no issues, just check mechanisms as you go (have seen others with issues with things like the outriggers winding in at one end as they wind out at the other!).

creakingdoor
    Free Member

Brilliant build, probably one of the best recent sets

On this recommendation (alone!) I’ve just pulled the trigger on that one. Currently 20% off in Asda and not showing on the Lego website. Apparently shortly to be retired.

zilog6128

was tempted by 42082 as it’s had a few reductions lately & looks like fun, it’s still not cheap at the end of the day though and some reviewers were a bit critical of it. Plus it’s a couple of years old now and the lack of the Control+ app functionality actually puts me off a bit (reverse of some I know!)

Northwind

jonno101
    Free Member

Whys this so crazy expensive?:

Because they don’t want to actually sell it, but they don’t want to take it down. Probably waiting to guarantee stock, or away for a while so they don’t want to take orders while they can’t ship. So you whack the price up and that way your listing stays current but trouble free.

nre
    Free Member

On this recommendation (alone!) I’ve just pulled the trigger on that one

Yikes, hope you like it 😉
    I nabbed it for the bargain sum of £108 a couple of years ago! Have the car transporter stashed away for a Christmas build…

Rik
    Free Member

If anybody fancies taking it apart I have a fully built Rough terrain Crane 42082 in Sheffield I could do a good price on.

Bought it 2 years ago when I was off work for two weeks after an operation. Fully working and the original instructions (and box but that’s been eaten slightly by the dog!)

nre
    Free Member

42082 now £132 at Argos – Hope you can cancel that order from Asda @creakingdoor?!?!

Also good price on the Control+ Top Gear Rally car at £62.50

Harry_the_Spider

AliExpress TIE Fighter update:

Built it last night. All was present and correct and the instructions, whilst condensed compared to Lego, were OK. Came with 4 mini figures and spare weapons. There was a brick left over, so I’ll check if I’ve missed something.

However, the quality isn’t quite there. The black moulded pieces were a little soft and had become scratched in the bag. One of them needed a bit of shaving with a knife to remove some flash before it would fit. The biggest difference was the lack of “click”. Lego goes together with a satisfyingly crisp “snap”. This didn’t.

So, not the most tactile of builds compared to the genuine Lego sets that we have, but the finished result looks the part and the model is solid enough to withstand handling.

Can’t grumble for £15 delivered.

richmtb

@nre

You owe me £62.50

There was no way I could turn that one down

nre
    Free Member

You owe me £62.50

I’m going to get a reputation for costing people money! 😉

PS Amazon now price matching, and if you have prime and you’ve set up a Kids Wish List you can potentially get 15% off with the KWL15 code (1 use only though so buy lots of lego all on one order :-D)

creakingdoor
    Free Member

@nre
    Asda order cancelled, Argos order placed.
    Thank you for the heads up, much appreciated

nre
    Free Member

Thank you for the heads up, much appreciated

Now I can say I *saved* you some money vs costing you a lot yesterday 😉

zilog6128

However, the quality isn’t quite there.

you had to waste £15 to figure that out? 🤣

Harry_the_Spider

If you are going to copy/paste at least take the whole comment.

Edit

Forgot the emoji.

🙄

Superficial
    Free Member

Anyone know how annoying ‘App control’ is? It seems like it would be A) unresponsive and B) irritating to have to give my phone to my son every time he wanted to use it?

nre
    Free Member

I have the 42099 4×4 Extreme off roader, App works really well to be honest, and there are some cool ‘challenges’ within the App, but I’d be inclined to use a cheap phone if letting kids control it! There are some other options for controlling using a game controller too e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4fTGnBA6M0

zilog6128

@Superficial I’ve only got one of the new trains not a car, but IMO the app is great, very responsive, WAY better than the old IR controllers plus lots of fun features. An old/2nd hand phone or tablet in Kiosk mode (so it can ONLY be used for The LEGO app) would be perfect.

spacemonkey

Hmm, that Amazon KWL15 15% off code doesn’t apply to anything in the list I created. It might take 24hrs to activate or maybe Amazon are just limiting to certain products.

zilog6128

It might take 24hrs to activate

this, they’ll send you an email when it’s activated

bikesandboats
    Free Member

The app control isn’t too bad, it can be harder to operate if you don’t look at your phone because you can’t always feel the controls like you can with a physical controller.

You can download third party apps like Controlz that let you customise the control layout which I think is a big bonus, especially if you are making your own models.

I can see how it might be annoying to give your child your phone whenever they want to use it though.

TomB

Thanks for the heads up on the Argos price for the crane, I’ve just wasted spent £130 but at least I’ll get something I want for Christmas! Argos gave me a £5 voucher too, so it was even better value.

mrchrispy

Its that time of year again in the chrispy household.
    I have a few christmas beers after work, hit the lego shop and come home with something expensive for myself clearly that’s not happening this year but i feel I should stick to the spirit of the tradition.

What will it be….

Landrover Defender (42110)
    Or
    Ghostbusters Ecto-1 (10274)

richmtb

Landrover Defender (42110)
    Or
    Ghostbusters Ecto-1 (10274)

Or the Ducati AND the bargain Rally Car above and money left over for beer

wzzzz
    Free Member

sweajnr just came back with this from the local library. A full trip down memory lane….

I’ve got some “stage extra” pre minifigs, and some of the big head block figures that minifigs were used as babies for.

Anyone want ’em?

phiiiiil

(have seen others with issues with things like the outriggers winding in at one end as they wind out at the other!)

Heh, I did that! I didn’t notice than in the middle of an otherwise identical arrangement one gear needs to go in a slightly different place. Lego instructions tell you how to build something, but they don’t tell you how to unbuild something just enough to remove the offending gear and put it back in the right place…

It was my first lego build for decades and I thoroughly enjoyed it; the mechanisms for using one motor for all the different functions are very impressive. I presume this is why it cannot be controlled remotely, as that would require a motor for each function or at least some way of automating the function selection mechanisms themselves.

zilog6128

@phiiiiil if you search there are a few builders who’ve done it (at least one even provides instructions!) Looks like they have used separate motors, that’s the best way though because you can then operate the various functions simultaneously.

northernmatt

£132 is the cheapest that 42082 has been for a while. Sorely tempted but I’ve just got Ecto-1 and the Batmobile.

stumpyjon

Been building again, I can’t take credit for the design though, that goes to Renegade Clone, although the internal gearbox to power the wings up and down is my work. Motor isn’t quite powerful enough to lift the wings without assistance and the plastic gears slip a little bit but quite proud of the gearing and getting it to work (i.e. the wings lift and fall together, got thing backwards initially so the wings tried to tear themselves apart). About 70cm long by 55cm tall and about 4500 parts.

fatoldgit

Slightly different use of Lego, and not sure I want but it is fascinating ( to me) that someone could design and build such an intricate box

zilog6128

Great price on the Top Gear rally car at Argos… £125 down to £50! You have to add it to the basket to get the price. That’s my Chrimbo present (to me, from me 😀) sorted!

zilog6128

Actually, sod that, reviews aren’t great – but there’s loads of other Lego discounted at Argos so cancelled the Top Gear one and ordered the off-roader at half price! 😀 They also have the rough terrain crane, mindstorms ev3 etc at big discounts.

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,795 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.