Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Lego in the Daily Mail
  • Cougar

I recall a number of folk being disappointed that Lego were funding the Mail with their “free Lego” promotions. This popped up this morning.

@StopFundingHate We have finished the agreement with The Daily Mail and are not planning any future promotional activity with the newspaper

First of many, do we think?

Drac

Excellent stuff I’d say.

The Co-op have pulled advertising too haven’t they?

allthegear
    Free Member

Excellent news!!

I might buy their new BMW GS kit after all. 😀

Rachel

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I hope so, damm good thing

Cougar

This may have been the catalyst,

Dear Lego. I love Lego. My 6 year old son loves Lego. He inherited all of mine three years ago and his collection has…

Posted by Bob Jones on Friday, November 4, 2016

Some interesting, if cynical, comments there that “for the foreseeable future” could well just mean “until we run the annual campaign again next year.” After all the feedback on FB and Twitter though, they’d surely be mad to.

Cougar

I might buy their new BMW GS kit after all.

Holy hell that looks incredible!

allthegear
    Free Member

Cougar – yes, it does!! 😀

Apparently the first time Lego have worked with the manufacturer of the thing they are building a model of. Or something.

It even has working telelever suspension

Rachel

oldtalent
    Free Member

Disappointing. I have no need for lego as I dont have children, but them caving in to a self appointed handwringing group would certainly stop me from buying from them.

RustySpanner

Good news.

Does the BMW come with a rider and pillion in colour matched leathers who refuse to let onto other LEGO motorcyclists?
    🙂

oldtalent – Member
    Disappointing. I have no need for lego as I dont have children

Eh?
    What’s LEGO got to do with children?

On the current wish list….

bigblackshed

oldtalent – Member
    Disappointing. I have no need for lego as I dont have children, but them caving in to a self appointed handwringing group would certainly stop me from buying from them.

kimbers

Jus saying I started a petition about this*

The power of self appointed handwringers!!

It’s fairly obvious that having a Lego add splashed above some racist shit about immigrants being evil was gonna go against such a well regarded brand.

* It got fk all signatures, mind

https://www.change.org/p/lego-end-lego-s-promotions-with-the-daily-mail

Drac

So what you’re saying is it’s Ok for a company to be associated and help fund a paper that incites racial hatred and homophobia?

Luckily Lego being a Danish company disagree with you.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

At least you have the decency not to have children. Thanks.

Drac

😆

Ladies and Gentlemen we are closing the internet early today as it is done. 😀

dannyh
    Free Member

I hope the Mail is bricking it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ladies and Gentlemen we are closing the internet early today as it is done.

Lol you got it….
    Remember we are just the professional members of the league of offended gentleman

oldtalent
    Free Member

Actually maybe I should then & bring them up in a non-pc right wing household to counteract the hand wringers.
    On second thoughts I dont need to, as judging by the events this year, the handwringers are very much in the minority everywhere but here & on twitter.

bigblackshed

Remember we are just the professional members of the league of offended gentleman

bikebouy
    Free Member

Likes, both Lego pulling away from the racist morons and also the retorts appearing here.
    🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think some of the haters would be shocked to know all the hand wringing makes the right hook land harder 😉

Cougar

I’ve just updated my Twitter profile pic in honour of the decision.

kimbers

Actually maybe I should then & bring them up in a non-pc right wing household to counteract the hand wringers.

Ha it’s fine by some fortunate accident I’ve now got 4 kids I intend to raise them all exactly as Diane about world (well apart from private school, can’t afford that!). But rest assured I shall preach to them Toynbee at bedtime and corbynomics over breakfasted 😉

And we already live Lego, so it’s all gravy on that front

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with the right wing to balance thing out. Problem comes when it’s too far right and for the wrong reasons. Just because is probably the worst reason of all and you’ll find the drips of your pissing contest spoiling your own shoes.

Harry_the_Spider

Are you Laurence Llewelyn Lego?

PJM1974
    Free Member

I emailed Lego in response to the Stop Funding Hate campaign and I received a very nice response back.

The newspapers in Britain are an awful, hate filled bunch. Politicians don’t want to do anything about the stuff that the Sun, Express and Mail print so I’m pleased to see that grassroots social campaigning achieves results. IIRC the Mail is in a spot of financial bother and could well do without it’s advertisers boycotting it.

Drac

I now need to find my Lego character I made of me.

He’s not with my Star Wars Lego and my youngest’s pain in the arse friend dismantled the ambulance that the character sat in.

Non PC and racial hatred are worlds apart. When you can’t tell the two apart it’s you that has the issues not the hand wringers.

Cougar

I now need to find my Lego character I made of me.

When we got married, we had Lego minifigs of the two of us as cake toppers. The lass who did the cake, bless her, didn’t know whether I was going to be beardy or clean-shaven or what my hair was going to be like, so she had a pocketful of alternate heads to swap over to match.

Drac

Haha!

pondo

Like your thinking, might rob that idea (with a different picture) if you don’t mind. 🙂

Cougar

Feel free, I robbed it in the first place. (-:

Northwind

Good thing!

As for “caving to handwringers”, what a load of brown bricks, lego have always had a social conscience.

scotroutes

The comment I’ve seen from Lego is that they currently have no plans to do another deal with the Daily Mail.

That’s a long way from “we’ll never do another deal with the Daily Mail while they continue with this type of journalism”.

I’ve currently no plans to eat bacon, but I’m not ruling out the notion that I might buy some next time in Tesco.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Lego in the Daily Mail’ is closed to new replies.