Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Leaking Fox Talas fork…advice please
  • crewlie

Just dragged my wife’s bike out after it’s winter hibernation to find her forks have lost their pressure. I’ve pumped them back up but I can see air bubbling out from around the base of the valve. They’re 2007 vintage and I might have neglected to have them serviced, so I shouldn’t be surprised they’ve failed.
    Problem is we’re on holiday in France so sending them off to Mojo or the like isn’t possible.
    Any temp fixes out there or do I brave the LBS, owned by a lovely guy, but its a very small shop and his English is on a par with my French 🙂

crewlie

Anyone?

Davesport

The valve itself will unscrew from the top of the fork. My fork’s a later model and the schrader valve sits in the centre of the Talas operating cap. There will be a seal at the bottom of the valve and it sounds from your description that this is leaking. If you can get the valve assembly out some thread sealant might sort you out temporarily.

D.

crewlie

Cheers, will give it a go. Could be interesting. Better than sitting watching the rain 🙂

somafunk

A simple job to unscrew the Schraeder valve if you have the correct tool and replace with a valve from an old or new tube, if you don’t have the tool take it to your local tyre fitters/garage and borrow theirs or pop into halfords and buy one, there less than £2.00

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Leaking Fox Talas fork…advice please’ is closed to new replies.