Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Le Mans – McNish Crash
  • brakes
    Free Member

anyone watching this? he’s a lucky boy!
    have you seen the Audi advert that they’re showing on Eurosport during the breaks? some irony in him bigging himself up 🙂

FAIL
    Free Member

The car came very close to going over the barrier. I hope the marshalls and photographers on the service road behid are okay, there looked to be a lot of debris heading their way.

brakes
    Free Member

they just commented that a few got ‘showered’ with debris but none were hurt

FAIL
    Free Member

Definite brown trouser moment. Will mcnish help them out with the dry cleaning bills?

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Nasty accident which could have been a lot worse! Debris everywhere and an airborne wheel 🙄

v10
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Nb0Ienv6k[/video]
    Ouch! Guys on the service road were VERY lucky!

bigsi
    Free Member

That car was actually over the barrier. God knows how it ended up back trackside. Thankfully it did though.

Even the Audi pit garage looks a little shocked that he managed to walk away from it 8)

mikey74
    Free Member

Hope everyone was okay, n’all that, but I did find it amusing to see the photographer at the bottom of the screen being chased down the road by a stray wheel.

j_me
    Free Member

I look forward to some good photos!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What a complete and utter cretin he was for attempting a manoeuvre like that.

brakes
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yEYQ0MzMkM[/video]

psychle
    Free Member

How did that not go over the barrier?? Pause the footage at 12seconds and it’s pretty amazing! Look at that guy hiding behind the motorbike 😆 !

Should be some cracking shots from those photgraphers… if they kept their nerve that is! 😯

higthepig
    Free Member

What a complete and utter cretin he was for attempting a manoeuvre like that.

No, the number 58 Ferrari is 2 classes below the Audi, takes over 30 seconds longer to do a lap and should not have closed the door on McNish, thats one of the rules.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Yes – look in front and behind the ferrari. Where was McNish going to go? Stupid manoeuvre to try and pull off. The other audi thought better of it.

sobriety
    Free Member

Maybe, just maybe up the inside of the Ferrari and then around the out side of the Porsche(s), at least that’s what it looks like he’s trying to do to me.

scaredypants

loath as I am to agree with SBZ 😉 looked a bit dubious to me – which audi was directly behind the ferrari in the corners prior to this ? If it was the “other” one, then I’d def put the blame on the geezer wot crashed

dogbert
    Free Member

lucky escape for all, but I did find amusing the photographer being chased down the hill by the escaped wheel

showerman
    Free Member

audi carring way to much speed would never make the corner anyway even on a good day think he was getting a bit carried away with it all to early in the race (i could be wrong 🙄 )

warton
    Free Member

christ, that tyre comes down on someone and they are dead. very lucky indeed

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Saw it live on Eurosport HD,

They reckoned he could see the Porsche in front of his team mate and must have thought he just had the 1 car to pass …

VERY lucky that no one got hurt , def brown trouser moment for some of the photographers I reckon

Then watched the Dauphine .. Bradley doing well 🙂

Northwind

mikey74 – Member

Hope everyone was okay, n’all that, but I did find it amusing to see the photographer at the bottom of the screen being chased down the road by a stray wheel.

Good spot, that’s excellent

mrmo
    Free Member

another audi, not looking too nice 🙁

FAIL
    Free Member

Clipping a ferrari again

brakes
    Free Member

jees, that was at full tilt too

Kato

oooof

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmn2YgPJEUE[/video]

mrmo
    Free Member

sounds like he is alright, and thinking about it i guess the cars might have powder extinguishers, but it looked like the car had burnt and bits of ash around it.

the two videos don’t look good though,

legend
    Free Member

any videos of the latest one? that stretch down to indianapolis is a bloomin’ fast place to go off!

Kato

cracking photo on Reuters

Vortexracing

SBZ/Scardypants, have you ever raced anything?

I think you should have a few seasons at a top level motorsport before making armchair comments on drivers actions.

If you watch the video the Ferrari did move to the apex, whilst the Audi was alongside, in fact it was past the Ferrari.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

VR – Ferrari driver would be unsighted given that they’d just came over the brow of a hill. Audi number 1 car thought better of making the overtake there. McNish would have struggled to make the car stick on the following left hander. Given that it was the first hour of a 24hr race it was a dumb maneouvre to attempt, risk/reward ratio was not favourable.

Gachet
    Free Member

McNish has a massive chip on his shoulder after making a fool of himself in Formula 1. Anyone taking stupid risks like that in the 1st hour of the race is a complete idiot.

allthepies
    Free Member

That gravel trap was effective wasn’t it 😆

mikertroid
    Free Member

That looked a perfectly acceptable gap; I’ve seen many manoeuvres like that at sportscar events. You won’t see stuff like that at F1 as it’s too sanitised. The Ferrari driver shut the door on him; a racing mistake.

Glad to see no-one significantly hurt.

Gachet
    Free Member

That looked a perfectly acceptable gap; I’ve seen many manoeuvres like that at sportscar events. You won’t see stuff like that at F1 as it’s too sanitised. The Ferrari driver shut the door on him; a racing mistake.

Congratulations, it must be nice to be such an expert.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Along with all the others criticising his driving……. 🙄

legend
    Free Member

Gachet – Member

McNish has a massive chip on his shoulder after making a fool of himself in Formula 1. Anyone taking stupid risks like that in the 1st hour of the race is a complete idiot.

you should tell him this, he is just an endurace rookie after all……… oh, wait… 🙄

Gachet
    Free Member

you should tell him this, he is just an endurace rookie after all……… oh, wait…

Aren’t you a smartarse. It’s a miracle nobody at trackside was killed.

aracer
    Free Member

McNish would have struggled to make the car stick on the following left hander.

You make that assertion based on your extensive experience of high-level motorsport?

Kit
    Free Member

Congratulations, it must be nice to be such an expert

Along with all the others criticising his driving…….

you should tell him this, he is just an endurace rookie after all……… oh, wait…

Aren’t you a smartarse. It’s a miracle nobody at trackside was killed.

You make that assertion based on your extensive experience of high-level motorsport?

Jesus **** me, can we have a thread on here without the **** knob waving? Wind your necks in, FFS.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Drivers are briefed to stick to the racing line and it is the responsibility of the faster driver to ensure that any manoeuvre is safe. McNish failed to do this.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Le Mans – McNish Crash’ is closed to new replies.