Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • LBS overlooking something?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

In response to your first post, what they have done isn’t wrong, but it isn’t the norm either.

Some of you really aren’t getting this are you?
    It IS wrong. Unless that customer SPECIFICALLY asks otherwise the front brake goes on the right in the UK. That’s it. Simple.
    And as for making cable routing neater, just cross the cables on the downtube.

nealglover
    Free Member

In response to your first post, what they have done isn’t wrong, but it isn’t the norm either.

You obviously didn’t read any of the links that have been supplied that link to the regulations for supplying bikes in the UK then ?

It is completely wrong, no grey area whatsoever, and if someone had an accident and claimed against the bike shop, they would be liable.

rab5474
    Free Member

Spoke to the guys today and made them aware of their errors, they assured me that it was an oversite and will ensure all bikes leave the shop correct, only time will tell i guess. I think this episode has made me realise they are not as good as i or other believe. The fact is that they are very nice chaps but definitely should know their business alot better

damascus
    Free Member

I wish I had learned to ride my bike with the right brake being for the rear because most bikes are designed that way so the lugs for brake cables are setup to take the cable. It looks a lot better going the right way. (At least on my bike)

I’m too old to learn now.

I fixed a bike the other day that had them the wrong way round and I nearly fell off when I tested it

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘LBS overlooking something?’ is closed to new replies.