Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Last night I saw a ghost…
  • DrP

Well, I’d believe I did if I was that way inclined…

On holiday, knackered, busy days and not sleeping well.. Didn’t get to sleep until about 1am..
    Finally got to sleep, then At sometime my son shuffled to the loo.I woke, I THINK I opened my eyes and looked at the door way (very dark) and saw a “girl holding my baby daughter in her arms, who then floated upwards through the ceiling”.

Very odd.
    I suspect it was either my half awake brain translating a visual floater into an image (“she” floated upwards in the same way a floater does if you try to follow it..) or it was still a dream (daughter is a bit under the weather, and of course I’m worried that she’d died in bed…!!)

It was really interesting. I strongly DON’T believe in ghosts or the supernatural, but in all my life I’ve never had an illusion that mimicked one so well!

Odd..

DrP

globalti
    Free Member

I wonder if you were half asleep? Funny things happen when you are in halfway-land.

Drac

I get some really trippy moments when I’m on nights trying to sleep during the day. I’m partially awake so aware of my surroundings but still have weird and vivid dreams or the dream is so intense I think I’m awake. It can take an age to realise after if I’d been awake or not.

rone

Interesting. Could explained away but I guess your perception doesn’t know the difference at the time.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I thought a floater was something that didnt flush…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I did a ‘ghost poo’ last night. It really disappeared fast, without the faintest splash or plop. I think no matter how fast you flick around to try and catch sight of one it would still evade the eye. It was so surprising that I let out an audible ‘woooOHh!’ which I must say added to the whole ‘supernatural event’ vibe.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Tales of the poopernatural MV?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Was it a sight that you fear most?
    Would you rather have a piece of toast
    And watch the evening news.
    (Actual Des’ree lyrics)

badllama
    Free Member

Used to see and hear all sorts when out nighr watching when working as a gamekeeper. 99.9% of the time you could put it down to local wildlife or very localised weather conditions but now and agaiin the hairs on the back of your neck would go up, or you though you saw somethingb in the moonlight.

Being in the middle of a 1000 acre block of forest with the fog decending and a badger crashing through the woods towards you is queit an unnerving experience.

There was one old barn that had a tale of a headless horseman ( middle of no where) which TBH at 2am in a morning on foot i used to give a wide berth.

zilog6128

Hallucinations in the state immediately between sleeping & waking are common. I’ve had them a few times. It’s often linked with “sleep paralysis” which can make it a bit weird/scary. https://www.sleepassociation.org/patients-general-public/hallucinations-during-sleep/

Drac

Sleep paralysis is well bizarre again I get that when I’m on nights, I can be in bed looking around otherwise still not able to move. It be quite a nice chilled experience though.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Strange that the two people with access to
    All the drugs also have the weirdest dreams.

This has reminded me about when I was in ICCU, I had the strangest dreams over the weeks, but the most weired part is that some of them turned out to be semi-real.

Scariest bit was waking up to see the hospital priest type fella standing next to my bed. I really did nearly die, I couldn’t move or speak and just thought that they all thought I had died 🙂

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

tales of the poopernatural

The Babadookie

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Well Google a picture of a gorilla.
    Look at throughout the day occasionally.
    See if you dream about one.
    Mind processes a lot of junk/data during the sleep phase that you cannot assimilate during the awake phase.

chewkw
    Free Member

Check if everything is fine then observe if everyone in the household is fine for the next few weeks, then forget it until the next time the little girl stands next to your bed watching you sleep.

Clue:

1. Old house?
    2. Land build on something?
    3. Someone died previously in the same house or next door etc?
    4. Any unknown bruiser on your body or anyone in the house?
    5. Check your daughter’s health.

If everything is fine then just assume a visitor passing through or just assume you are high on certain drugs …

globalti
    Free Member

I’ve posted it before but my Mum aged 86 seems to have something going on in her house; she and my nephew have both heard voices during the night and something or sombody has unbent the little metal tabs and dismantled then thrown on the floor both the pictures of both her marriages. On the second occasion she heard the noise from the kitchen and went to the sitting room to find the picture on the floor.

chewkw
    Free Member

globalti – Member
    I’ve posted it before but my Mum aged 86 seems to have something going on in her house …

1. If it is recently then check your mum’s health.
    2. If not recently then “someone” is trying to attract attention i.e. trying to say something but does not know how.

What to do:

1. Find out what they want.
    2. Ask the “person(s)” politely not to break things or harm anyone but speak to the occupant(s) of the house in their dreams.

Two possibilities:

1. Unwanted visitors just trying to “squad” by intimidation.
    2. Close one you know – who passed away young or old and wanting help.

Remedy:

1. Tell them to go and rest in peace as you cannot help them
    2. Or find someone in the know to help i.e. a priest etc …

If situation becomes worst or more aggressive then they are growing in power and might cause severe troubles.

If they appear to your mum often then your mum’s energy is getting weaker.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Think this should be added to chewK’s list.

3) Or ghosts don’t exist.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Did you leave the telly on till close of service?

They’re here…..

chewkw
    Free Member

muppetWrangler – Member
    Think this should be added to chewK’s list.

3) Or ghosts don’t exist. That is one possibility.

But for the moment let’s assume they do exist then the logic is to find out what they want etc …

Ming the Merciless – Member
    Did you leave the telly on till close of service?

They’re here….. I think you have watched too much telly …

sootyandjim
    Free Member

But for the moment let’s assume they do exist then the logic is to find out what they want etc …

“Assume ghosts exist” and “logic” in one sentence. Oh my.

How about you provide me with peer-reviewed scientific evidence that ghosts exist and once we have that we’ll work out what comes next eh?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

muppetWrangler – Member
    ghosts don’t exist.

This ^^^.

Someone passing through? What a squatter?

I’m open minded and enjoy campfire ghost stories but how about some real evidence.

How many of you voted on the religion post – huge amount said no and now they’re afraid of ghosts.

All in our minds and scare yourself watching a ghost movie on your own at night will freak you out.

chewkw
    Free Member

sootyandjim – Member

“Assume ghosts exist” and “logic” in one sentence. Oh my.

How about you provide me with peer-reviewed scientific evidence that ghosts exist and once we have that we’ll work out what comes next eh? [/quote]

Let’s rephrase. Let’s put aside the doubt by considering they exist. Good enough?

Relax, chill … you can go around shouting for peer-reviewed science journal but I can bet you nobody is funding the research. Catch 22 innit. Even if there is funding I doubt many would be interested in finding out about dead people don’t you.

Frankenstein – Member

muppetWrangler – Member
    ghosts don’t exist.

This ^^^.

Someone passing through? What a squatter?

I’m open minded and enjoy campfire ghost stories but how about some real evidence.

How many of you voted on the religion post – huge amount said no and now they’re afraid of ghosts.

All in our minds and scare yourself watching a ghost movie on your own at night will freak you out. [/quote]

Campfire ghost story is fun and that tradition should continue but make it real. I suggest camp near a mass grave for few nights just for fun. Then tell the story but at the end just say they don’t exist by poking fun at non-existence stuff after all if you don’t believe then there should not be a concern innit. Try it.

Of course they are not afraid of ghosts coz majority have/will never meet one.

Yes, if they are all in the mind then why do people freak out? Challenge them just like you challenge others while on hallucination high. Try it. Should be fun.

The ghost movies are so boring nowadays to be honest with rather similar story line and same sort of Hollywood type special effect. Frankly, they have over done them, they are all very boring. A bit like watching Friday 13 … Parrtt 300 or something. Boring is an understatement and the story line is so poor I rather sleep.

mintimperial

My devout Catholic granddad and grandma both died recently, and at both of their full-on smells-and-bells funeral services the priest (a proper Father Ted comedy Oirish stereotype) opened the service with a very sincere digression warning about “poltergeists and spirits that won’t move on”. I’m not sure if he was touting for exorcism business or what, but it really brightened up proceedings (although perhaps not intentionally)…

So far, though, there have been no spectral manifestations of either nanna or granddad, so I can only assume he did his job properly. I can pass on his details DrP, if you get any further visitations. 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

mintimperial – Member
    … the priest (a proper Father Ted comedy Oirish stereotype) opened the service with a very sincere digression warning about “poltergeists and spirits that won’t move on”.

Most spirits move on regardless but a few may just want to linger on for a while. Not all spirits are mean. If they become “poltergeists” they have their reasons for doing so.

I’m not sure if he was touting for exorcism business or what, but it really brightened up proceedings (although perhaps not intentionally)…

He was just taking the mickey out of you lot.

DrP

The only other spirits have been of the all inclusive variety…

Update..no further visits.daughter still alive but miserable. Rotating heads:zero.

DrP

DrP

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Can this be linked to my cricket bat incident?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/freaking-out-with-a-cricket-bat

takisawa2

Our first caravan was quite an old one.
    I’m sceptical of the whole ghost thing. I still explain it as our sub conscious, picking up signals & interrupting our conscious state but I don’t know. Just the engineer in me looking for a rational explanation.

One night at Clumber Park, we were lying in bed, eldest son was about 14 months old & in his travel cot at the other end of the caravan, we heard the lad stirring then & very clear “hushing” sound & lad goes soundly back off to sleep. Then, what I can only describe as an orb of light, slowly makes its way along the caravan & vanishes through the curtain. Didn’t feel spooky or anything, in fact we always sleep very soundly in that caravan.

Fast forward a couple of years & I went into the caravan late one night, to fetch something. Only light was from the outside light on the house.
    I had the very distinct feeling that someone was watching me. Again, no spookiness involved, but as I turned & looked along the caravan interior before locking up, every sense I had told me there was an elderly lady sat watching me. I can’t tell you how I knew, & there was nothing but darkness, but to this day I can’t explain how I knew.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I thought a floater was something that didnt flush…

Na, that’s a swimmer. A floater is what the big annoying boy in yer class left in yer Irn Bru.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Quick! Bury all your pets in your garden and see if they come back to life! Awesome fun times.

molgrips
    Free Member

I can’t tell you how I knew, & there was nothing but darkness, but to this day I can’t explain how I knew.

“Knowing” something is no indication of it actually happening. I guess you lot haven’t tried many drugs? A simple chemical can wreak havoc with your world, just by doing something simple to your brain.

When I was a kid I realised that, lying in my bed half awake, I could see my bedroom whilst I still had my eyes closed. I thought it was cool that I could see without my eyes, but didn’t consider it remarkable enough to try and test at some other point during the day 🙄 Clearly it was because I knew my room so well I could picture it and my semi conscious brain put it in front of my perception as if I were seeing it. Clincher was when it happened in a different room.. but I still saw my own bedroom…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Campfire ghost story is fun and that tradition should continue but make it real. I suggest camp near a mass grave for few nights just for fun. Then tell the story but at the end just say they don’t exist by poking fun at non-existence stuff after all if you don’t believe then there should not be a concern innit. Try it.

More chance of being accosted by local cider drinking youths than the dead. And having once been one of those cider drinking youth’s I can confirm that I’ve done this and yes every little sound and rustle in the bushes makes you think that something’s going to drag you to Hades but that’s the beauty of the creative human mind not evidence of an afterlife.

iolo
    Free Member

I was in my roof space measuring up for insulation and took a few photos.
    There was nothing unusual when I was there and saw nothing. There was no airborne dust at all.
    When I looked at the photos, one had something on it. I have no idea what it is.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Last night, a DJ saved my life! 😯

thejesmonddingo

Yes,you can rely on a dinner jacket.

chewkw
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    I was in my roof space measuring up for insulation and took a few photos

Interesting … not sure what that is …

simmy
    Free Member

Just before Xmas just gone, I was having a shave and had the Bathroom door open. I’ve a downstairs Bathroom and out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the dogs walking past.

Looked properly and it was my dog that had died 10 years ago. Didn’t panic me or anything. She didn’t look at me, just disappeared past the door.

When Mum came round and I told her she freaked out though 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

simmy – Member
    Just before Xmas just gone, I was having a shave and had the Bathroom door open. I’ve a downstairs Bathroom and out of the corner of my eye I saw one of the dogs walking past.

Looked properly and it was my dog that had died 10 years ago. Didn’t panic me or anything. She didn’t look at me, just disappeared past the door.

When Mum came round and I told her she freaked out though

Ya, my dog visited me too before she moved on. I did not even know my father sprinkled rose perfume on her before they buried her. One morning I was woken up by the most intense rose perfume in my room, in the other part of the world (Leeds) but she died in far east, and there was no rose garden or flower outside my window. The entire room was so fragrance it lasted for several minutes then the rose fragrance disappeared. Later I related the story to my parents only for them to tell me our dog died and my father sprinkled rose perfume on her to send her on.

gonzy
    Free Member

when i was in my teens we rented a house while ours was being renovated…we were told that some of the rooms were a bit iffy in the house…particularly mine and my brothers. he never had any issues in his room but i remember one warm night i took off my t shirt and threw it on the floor. when i woke up it was hanging on the door handle. the bedroom door was at the other end of the room some 8 feet away and the door was locked from the inside so no-one could have got in to pick it up.
    later we lived in another house and i had the massive loft room. it was always very cold in one corner of the room even with the heating on full blast so i used that space for storage and never went there much but i remember one night just after i’d switched my lamp off i felt something hit me very hard on the head. put the lights back on and there was nothing near me that could have fallen on me. maybe it was down to the drugs id taken earlier that night but whatever it was it got me spooked enough to go downstairs and sleep on the couch. told my mum that it felt cold upstairs.

redthunder
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/H1uwhH]Sppooky Ghost Coffee[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Last night I saw a ghost…’ is closed to new replies.