Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Landlord/tenant. Anyone used Openrent?
  • midlifecrashes

My tenant has given me notice over the weekend so I’m looking to advertise a flat in the next couple of days. Up to now I’ve used Gumtree(free) and a local estate who adds my listing to their Rightmove/Zoopla listings and forwards me the enquiries for £65.

Openrent looks good if it all works well, especially tenant referencing for £20 a head. I self manage everything else so wouldn’t need them to collect rent or deposits etc.

So anyone used it, either as a landlord or a tenant? Is it as slick as the front page of their web page, or a PITA to deal with?

Thanks.

jackthedog
    Free Member

We used it as tenants, worked fine.

tjagain

I use gumtree and have never had any issues getting tenants but its a flat in a very popular area and I let it below market rent so I get plenty of choice.

As for references. I wouldn’t trust anyone else to check them and I tend to make the decision on who to rent to as much on gut feeling as anything else. I always get a queue of people wanting to rent. this time around within 2 days of putting the ad up I had around 20 people wanting the flat

JackHammer

Got my current flat on OpenRent, so much easier than dealing with the crooks that run the letting agencies in Cardiff.

poolman
    Free Member

Opposite here, i manage mine myself but always use agents for tenant find. Their fees have reduced now as more competition, c6% annualised rent + vat. Never had a void and i reckon scammers avoid agents as they get spotted straight away. I tried gummy once, never again, bombarded with stupid offers, stupid questions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Landlord/tenant. Anyone used Openrent?’ is closed to new replies.