Home Forums Chat Forum Land registry advice please

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by Mugboo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Land registry advice please
  • Mugboo

Before my Dad passed away, he sold a little plot of land to his neighbour to tidy up both their affairs but neither of them have actually done anything official with it.

As the house is on the market it makes sense to me that this will need doing properly.

Is it as simple as contacting Land Registry or do I need to go through a solicitor? I’m suspecting the latter.

Dickyboy

Solicitors job that one I’d have thought.

nickjb
    Free Member

You can do it yourself. It’s is a bit tricky but not that hard. You need to fill out the right form, TP1 iirc, then file it with the land registry. You’ll also need a reasonable drawing of the changes on the correct map (which you can download from the land registry). It is much easier to do in person if there is an office nearby. You both need to go (buyer and seller) and take ID, pay the transfer fee. It was about £40 last time I did it and took about an hour.

Or a solicitor can do it all. Probably not cheap but maybe worth getting a quote.

Mugboo

Thanks Nick. A quick google suggests that we don’t have an office nearby so I think we will get a solicitor on the job.

Cheers both.

JasonDS

£450 + Vat and LR fee I reckon for a solicitor.

Mugboo

I don’t doubt you’re right. I’ve downloaded the TP1 and will give a go!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.