Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ladies – help required!
  • I need some saddle suggestions. Mrs WTRFPSU’s bike has a (gents) Speccy BG saddle on it. I find it OK when I’m riding, but very painful afterwards. Mrs WTRFPSU has now told me she can’t even stay sitting on it while riding so has to stand every now and then.

So, ladies, bearing in mind that the Speccy saddle just plain hurts, what might be more comfortable?

jedi

i always use a sele italia ldy saddle on my hummer ( comfiest saddle on earth)

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Yes, Suggestions for things which Mrs WTRFPSU can sit on which she might like, please.

Remember the new rules!!!!

MrTall
    Free Member

I put a Charge Ladle on my girlfriends bike. Seems comfy enough and was pretty cheap?

Edited for safety!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Depends on how wide a lady’s bottom is.

No, seriously! It’s all about supporting the pelvic bones, and some ladies have wider pelvises than others. Some petite lasses find men’s saddles comfy, whereas others need a wider saddle. Saddles are a very personal thing. A bit of tact is essential here, but ladies need to face the truth if they want long-term comfort.

Once the width has been established, then the angle is the next most important thing to consider. Some prefer the nose of the saddle slightly ‘up’, others prefer it flatter or pointing down a bit.

Don’t be fooled into thinking a soft squishy saddle will be comfier. Maybe for a couple of miles, but they don’t support the pelvis enough, and can contribute to serious discomfort and even injury.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Brooks do a comfy saddle for birds girls ladies women females

Agree with all that Elfin. Both my daughters had (male) Speccy BGs and found them comfortable, but my wife doesn’t and neither do I.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Specialized saddles come indifferent widths. Specialized dealers might have the ‘bottomometer’ gauge thingy to help work out the right size.

When I worked in bikes shops, I would often advise ladies on saddle choice, as most of the other lads were socially inept around women, and I have a good eye… 😉

rickon
    Free Member

My missus who does 12hr solos swears by her bontrager rl women’s saddle. Plus they have a 30 day guarentee, ie if you don’t like it after 30 days of use you can have a full refund 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ladies – help required!’ is closed to new replies.