Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • KS no longer have a UK Distributor
  • Northwind

Your contract is with the retailer not the distributor- it’ll be up to Superstar to deal with any issues caused by there not being a UK distributor, the fact that they used to be the distributor makes no difference and the fact that there’s no distributor makes no difference to the warranty.

It does mean you’re more likely to have delays or issues with repairs though.

matther01
    Free Member

I was under the same impression as Northwind that the contract is with the retailer, therefore they are responsible for the warranty under sale of goods act 1974?

Whatever happens…I just need mine not to break anytime soon!

skiprat
    Free Member

Just looking on Duedil – companies house type thing we use – and your man owns 2 companies,

TiBolts Wholesale Ltd and Superstar Components Limited. Both are companies that are still running and active. TiBolts is trading as Pure Racing.

He’s not listed as being a director or even linked with another company, even one thats shut.

shermer75
    Free Member

I would love to know what KS make of all this….

MarkN
    Free Member

This may help.
    http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/sogaexplained/
    I have yet to check my self but I am in agreement with Northwind. It is the retailer who is responsible for sorting the warranty and not the distributor. The retailer will most likely send back to distributor for repair/exchange.

Northwind

Well, decided to put my money where my mouth is- Wiggle stopped promising delivery of my long-delayed Lev, so ordered a Supernatural from Superstar today. Raise shields!

matther01
    Free Member

Northwind – so do I come to you now to fix my warranty issues? 😀

Northwind

Did I sell you the post?

(that’s retorical, I’m not going senile. Am I? No.)

matther01
    Free Member

Well hopefully you’ll receive it soon. My wife wasn’t in the last two days when the courier came and it will now be delivered Monday! Think I need a new wife…

james
    Free Member

“can you still read the dodgy threads before he got banned?”
    I think they’ll just be pre-hack, so no

smiff
    Free Member

nearly went for one last night, then realised i was just buying a problem. so going to wait, dunno what for.

hora
    Free Member

I cancelled my order. Life is too short to be **** about with a shit seatpost. Oh and I giggle when I see them priced over ——>

They should be 2ndhand Joplin money now in light of the Octipus one leaving etc.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Bought both my levs from Germany. Happy to send them back there if I have an issue. They seem like good posts. All I’ve risked is slightly higher postage costs.

Mbnut
    Free Member

I have been running KS posts for years…. no problems yet and only strip them about every 18 months to give them a clean up.

The only problem is crap getting into the cable but a sponge wedged in the saddle rails has stopped most of that.

Due to my lack of issues with my 2 existing i950s I did buy a Lev off Superstar in the dump sale, a mate has had one since they came out with no problems so I am happy enough.

The ones that I have heard of problems with are the 27.2 ones as they had a fault that seems to render them pretty useless which is why I avoided that model.

On another note I had a Joplin…. pants

I have a Reverb… 6 months old and 2 strip downs and the head spinning so far, lovely action though.

As for Superstar…. I just hope the Tesla hubs are ok!!!

Northwind

hora – Member

Life is too short to be **** about with a shit seatpost.

That’s exactly why I just bought one. It might not fit your version of events but the revised i900 and the i950 are both well proven.

hora
    Free Member

Well done darling

pdw
    Free Member

It is the retailer who is responsible for sorting the warranty and not the distributor.

Yes and no. The retailer is responsible for meeting their obligation under the sale of goods act. This means that if it is “not of satisfactory quality” then it is the retailer who has to deal with it. The period for which you can do this is not explicitly defined, and depends on the “expectations of a reasonable person”.

Manufacturers typically provide their own warranty in addition to your statutory rights, which gives you cover for a specific period (e.g. 2 years). The procedure for returns under this warranty depends on the terms, but is typically “return to any authorised dealer”.

If you find that the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty aren’t being honoured (e.g. because there’s no distributor to get spares) then you might reasonably be able to claim a refund or replacement from the original retailer on the basis that it doesn’t meet the description of having a warranty.

One advantage of returning under the SoGA is that you’re entitled to a partial refund if the repair or replacement takes an unreasonable time.

Whichever way you look at it, SS selling seatposts when they know that there’s no distributor is more their problem than it is yours 😀

Shandy
    Free Member

Hopefully KS will find a professional distributor. I was keen on the Lev but the idea of Superstar dealing with the warranty put me off.

crankrider
    Free Member

Whichever way you look at it, SS selling seatposts when they know that there’s no distributor is more their problem than it is yours

But where do you stand if Superstar were the distributor AND retailer and are still trading?

Can you just ‘switch off’ your rights as a distributor to offer warranty if you are still trading in the same manner?

E.g. Could i distribute 3million pounds worth of cheap crap heaters or similar knowing they are total rubbish, then just send a letter after sale stating: ‘we are no longer distributors for this product’ Then just wash my hands of the trouble and walk off into the sunset with the cash?

Surely not? – Surly even though ‘Pure Race’ has announced they are no longer distributors they have a legal responsibility to offer warranty on products they distributed. That or cease trading?

This goes for any business / product, if it is the case it is quite worrying…

Shandy
    Free Member

I would imagine in that case Superstar will attempt to wash their hands of it all and blame KS.

hora
    Free Member

Well we shall see..

pdw
    Free Member

Can you just ‘switch off’ your rights as a distributor to offer warranty if you are still trading in the same manner?

I guess it depends on the details of the agreement between the manufacturer and the distributor.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Superstar will attempt to wash their hands of it all

That’s the default position for the SS complaints department anyway, so shouldn’t be much of a stretch for them.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘KS no longer have a UK Distributor’ is closed to new replies.