Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • KS lev
  • wiggles
    Free Member

Who has been using one a while?
    Just looking for some real reliability feedback.

To be honest just seems a lot tidier for the cable (without drilling a hole in a brand new frame for a reverb stealth…)

And lever looks good in comparison to some of the massive ones.

northernmatt

Had one just over a year. Takes a bit of faffing to get the cable set up properly but works really well, no trailing hose/cable to snag yourself or other stuff on. Ditch the outer they give you with it though as it’s a bit crap.

I know of a few other people with a Lev and more with KS posts. The only problems were one losing pressure (fixed under warranty back before Superstar spat their dummy out) and a Lev with no pressure from new, it was a 27.2 post and the pressure is set in them unlike the larger ones (returned to bikediscount.de for exchange).

p7rich
    Free Member

Been running one for nearly a year now. No problems. Return has slowed a bit recently but i prob just need to pump it up a bit.

nicholas_yiu

I had a 27.2. The internal cable snapped, I tried replacing it following the online video but managed to undo the pressure stick by mistake.

I think the larger diameter ones are much better and easier to work on yourself.

It is with Jungle at the moment having the pressure stick replaced + a service. However, the whole batch of pressure stick that they got from KS arrived with no pressure in them. I think I have to wait a while before it get fixed.

It also broke when Superstar first stopped supporting the posts so I had to wait quite a while just to get someone to look at it.

Not a good experience overall but the service I got from Jungle so far seems to be fine and the repair cost is very reasonable in my opinion.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I have a 27.2 one with the carbon lever. I bought it second hand and I’ve had it about 6 months I guess and it’s been flawless. Excellent build quality lovely action and far better than the three rockshock posts I’ve had.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve a 27.2 and a 31.6 both for about a year, both fit and forget.

shredder
    Free Member

31.6 here has been faultless.
    Had to shorten the inner slightly to take a little stretch out (didn’t fit barrel adjuster)And put a cable tie around the red cap .
    Would buy it gain superb bit of kit.

wiggles
    Free Member

Good to hear, will have to start saving as they don’t come up 2nd hand much

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not coming up second hand means they’re either too knackered to sell, or still going strong without issue. Both mine are the latter.

JoeG
    Free Member

I have two 31.6 x 125 mm LEVs. Oldest 1.5 years, newer one 1 year. I really like them! The remote lever is the best one that I’ve tried so far, and I have no complaints about the cable or housing quality.

Both of mine went in for warranty, though. The first had a scratch on the stanchion that was being made by something inside the lower part of the post. It didn’t affect performance, but I wanted it fixed anyhow. The second post had the little barrel fall of of the kevlar string where the remote attaches. Both were turned around by KS USA within 24 hours, so warranty service was quick!

I would buy one again!

mmel
    Free Member

I’ve had one for around 15 months and it’s still going strong even with riding in the atrocious weather we’ve had this winter.

Couple of points with mine. It needs a bit of light grease smearing under the top collar every now and again to keep things smooth and stop the roller bearings eating into the stanchion. Only needs doing every now and again. I also always check the collar before riding as I’ve found it can work loose sometimes and I wouldn’t want dirt in there. It’s worth putting a little cable tie around the red cable entry cover as this can pop off and get lost.

I’ve got a tiny bit of rotational play but it’s not noticeable and pretty much all brand of seat post are the same with this after a bit of use.

All in all I’m very happy with mine. Would definitely get another. The cable routing and set up is by far the best and is miles better than the daft hydraulic system Rockshox use. You can get most spares through one of the German sites, can’t remember which right now…

Get one!

mcnultycop

Mine was fine for a couple of months then developed a habit of not returning all the way, then sank maybe 10-15mm when I sat on it. It’s been back to bike discount and is apparently in the post back now so I’ll see how I get on with it. 30.9 if that makes any difference.

shredder
    Free Member

@ mmel what grease are you using under the top collar ?
    Slick honey or similar ?
    Thanks

Had an i950 for about 4 years now (limited use I suppose), but not had a single issue

stevied
    Free Member

Same as mcnultycop here. Developed about 1″ of sag after 4 months. Back at bike-discount for warranty..

stewartc
    Free Member

Been running a 150mm/30.9 version for about 10 months now without any issues, maybe a little play but nothing noticeable when riding.

mmel
    Free Member

Shredder – I’ve been using some RSP slick grease that I got in a TF Tuned fork service kit. Anything lightweight will do though, I’d imagine slick honey would be perfect.

thepurist

Had line about 18 months. No real issues but have whipped the bottom off twice to give it a good clean and rrgrrase then its back like new. It’s about as hard as a shock air can service so worth doing if the return starts to slow or it feels a bit gritty.

I use Stendec grease fwiw.

Andy_K

150mm 31.6 here, bought last autumn. It has developed the same 1 inch sag as stevied and mcnultycop, so will be going back to Bikediscount.de for warranty this week.

Otherwise, love the actuating button and design, but just a shame its gon faulty. Considering a Gravity Dropper for backup/other bike.

shredder
    Free Member

Thanks mmel

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Had 2, both ended up spending more time being fixed than used.

Lesson learnt. Stick to Reverbs.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘KS lev’ is closed to new replies.